Newly Qualified Accountant required for Magherafelt based company
Newly Qualified Accountant
CPL is delighted to be recruiting for a Newly Qualified Accountant on behalf of a Magherafelt based manufacturing & production company, Reporting to the Finance Director, the Management Accountant will be joining an established finance team within a thriving business, whose goods are produced for leading UK & ROI companies. This role would ideally suit candidates working in practice and seeking their first move into industry
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts including full profit and loss and balance sheet for final review and sign off
- Responsibility for period end Stock Count/Stock Reporting
- Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to the monthly management accounts
- Forecasting and budgeting – Annual budget preparation, monitoring of actual v budget and amending budget as required following quarterly reviews
- Responsible for the provision of a weekly cash flow analysis/projection.
- The reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, with adjustments completed where necessary.
- Preparation of final year-end financial statements for sign off. Reconciliation of same to management accounts.
- Suggesting methods to reduce costs/preparation and delivery of cost reduction strategies.
- Responsibility for BOM’s and liaising with all departments to ensure that BOMs are accurate and are delivered on a timely basis.
- Assisting with department project work.
- Assist with the ongoing and future development of the companies’ ERP system.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Comfortable communicating with Senior Management
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables and data manipulation
- Confident and possess a “can-do” attitude with a high work ethic suitable for a growing company.
Negotiable depending on experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy job please apply via the link below or contact Darrach Teague in the strictest confidence on 02890725622