Excellent opportunity for a Vulnerability Management Analyst based in Belfast / Londonderry/Derry
Title: Vulnerability Management Analyst
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Belfast / Londonderry/Derry
The Vulnerability Management Analyst will ensure continuous vulnerability lifecycle management within the Allstate environment including monitoring, collection, reporting, and assessment of impact for vulnerability related data from vendors and internal sources. This candidate must form strong partnerships with technical teams and provide strategy and prioritization to control vulnerabilities in the environment in a timely and effective manner.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Perform as a vulnerability management SME in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft platform (Server, workstation, applications), Open Systems platforms (Linux, UNIX, VM Ware ESX), Java, Adobe, Web Application, Java web app virtualization platforms (e.g. WebSphere), Networking, Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, IMS), and others.
- Have the ability to understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration.
- Be able to successfully partner with other security and IT professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities specific to Allstate’s environment, and determine and implement mitigating controls.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions.
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with them to define appropriate solutions security objectives while meeting the business need.
- Be a champion for vulnerability management and information security including broadening awareness and use of the team’s services, education of security best practices and integration with other business areas.
- Providing mentorship and support to teammates with regard to vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development.
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions.
- Participate and lead new projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Bachelors and/or master’s Degree or equivalent in Information Security, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 5+ years’ experience in information security field.
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices and vulnerability management processes including compliance reporting.
- Advanced experience with vended security tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of IT security best practices including operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux), end-user application, and network security.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts and devices (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, etc)
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls.
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed
- Demonstrate ability to stay abreast securing evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- CISSP, GCIH, GPEN, or other industry certification or expected completion of certification within 1 year of hire.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: 15th October 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.