Excellent opportunity for a Test Engineer based in Belfast
Title: Test Engineer
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Are you enthusiastic about quality and want to make an impact in both technology and the business? Are you skilled in test automation?
The Test Engineer Sr. Consultant II, provides Test execution on software development projects, focusing on the creation/ execution of functional and automated test scripts for medium to high complex projects including database validation and web services testing.
They are responsible for developing the test strategy for the team and are the quality champion responsible for identifying acceptance criteria and defining the test conditions when stories or requirements are created.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Decompose business requirements to be able to write automated test scripts for high complexity projects within a defined framework that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Quality advocate within the business
- Create test data and identify environment needs for high complexity projects
- Understand and escalate issues related to the test infrastructure
- Gather, analyze and report on test metrics
- Mentoring others as the expert in their area across all teams
- Create an environment where a Test/Behavior-Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Decision maker and problem solver across all teams influencing strategies and technologies for best practice
- Assess areas within their remit and possess technical competency to guide teams to anticipate and prevent potential issues and articulate dependencies to the stakeholders
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development including: Sprint planning, release planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives
- Test Engineer
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Minimum 4 years software testing experience
- Practical experience with at least one of the following areas: Java, C#, Python, .NET, Selenium, UFT, SQL
- Experience creating and maintaining test cases in the following areas: functional, regression and system testing
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Practical experience in at least one of the following areas: Web service testing, Performance testing, Continuous integration
- Experience using test management tools (e.g. HPQC, Jira – Zephyr)
- Practical experience with Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience mentoring/teaching junior team members
- Practical experience working in an agile environment
- Experience using Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
- Experience utilizing automation tools (e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, TestNG)
- Experience using performance testing tools (e.g. LoadRunner, ALM performance center, JMeter)
- Experience using continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Knowledge or experience of Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Experience creating and maintaining test cases in at least one of the following areas: performance, stress load testing
- Understanding Test Environments, code build and code migration concepts
- Understanding of SAFe and Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Industry knowledge & experience in Insurance and Telematics experience is a plus
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: Friday 18th October 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.