Proofpoint are seeking a talented Technical Courseware Developer to join our team and help us take our digital training content to the next level.
The Proofpoint Technical Training organization educates customers, partners and Proofpoint employees globally on Proofpoint products, solutions and best practices. We are looking for a talented Technical Courseware Developer to join our team and help us take our digital training content to the next level. The ideal candidate will have advanced skills with the latest authoring tools, plus experience with and deep understanding of adult learning methods. The courseware covers Proofpoint’s People-Centric security and advanced threat protection solutions. Our training products are very technical, and do require some product knowledge, so a background in networking, email and/or security technologies will be a big plus. In addition to building training content, candidate must also be adept at managing relationships with subject matter experts, and managing multiple development projects across varying timelines.
- Work together with internal stakeholders to identify and define training requirements.
- Design and build digital online training that creatively achieves the learning objectives set in the design phase.
- Work independently while regularly collaborating with a team of courseware developers and technical instructors.
- Quickly learn complex technologies and tools to immediately “hit the ground running” in course development of technical training material.
- Keep up with product development – ensure courses being developed are in-line with product direction, company goals, and training team strategy.
- Maintain training content updates through rapid product upgrade cycles.
- Attend Transfer-of-Information Sessions (TOIs) and other product training to stay current on latest products and features.
- Incorporate peer feedback to improve new or developed courses.
- Write and review exam questions for effective knowledge assessment.
- Follow team curriculum development processes and procedures.
What you bring to the team
- Experience and passion for designing, building, and maintaining world-class digital learning products.
- Strong knowledge of instructional design and adult learning methodology – ability to translate highly complex and technical information into effective online learning products.
- Competency with the latest digital authoring tools.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, fun environment. Works well with others and prefers to work as a team.
- Skilled project manager who can handle multiple projects, report regular status, and accurately scope and deliver on time.
- Excellent inter-personal, written and verbal communication and documentation skills.
- Experience developing technical training and/or courseware in IT, Networking, or Telecommunications industries.
- Familiarization with any of the following technologies will help: Email and messaging, Exchange, Active Directory, Cloud Security.
- Industry and vendor certifications in the listed technologies are a plus.