Is your next move to Five-star fabulousness in the very heart of Belfast city? We have recently been awarded Five Stars by the AA, we are a super-elegant masterpiece offering fabulous guestrooms, incredible food, a much-loved bar and the best service you’ve ever experienced: A new definition of boutique hotel, it’s Belfast’s five-star superstar.
As Sous chef you will lead our talented kitchen team alongside the Head Chef. The AA Rosette Restaurant at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast is a work of art and we think you should hear about that. We are also proud members of Taste of Ulster & the Restaurants Association of Ireland.
As Sous Chef you will contribute operationally within the department, you will showcase your skills and knowledge by:
- pro-actively managing daily operations of the kitchen;
- ensuring all food leaving the kitchen meets our high standards and expectations;
- pro-actively identifying, implementing and evaluating departmental standards;
- people management responsibilities such as induction, performance management, disciplinary, grievances, succession planning and training;
- act as a role model and mentor for the kitchen team, leading by example and providing guidance and support;
- effectively initiating corrective actions where standards have not met expectations;
- keeping up to date with present and future trends, practices and systems in the food industry and knowing and understanding our competitors;
- working closely with the Head Chef, Deputy General Manager, Restaurant Manager and the Beverage Manager in organising the compilation of food and beverage menus, including their proof reading and distribution;
- auditing departmental services and monitoring their quality on a regular basis;
- completing the roster and time-sheets,
- effectively completing orders and stock checks to consistently ensure adequate levels of stock;
- liaising and communicating with all departments on a daily basis to ensure smooth operation of service;
- adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring staff adhere to procedures;
- adhering to all food and beverage hygiene procedures and ensuring that all staff adhere to procedures.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our next Sous Chef will ideally have 2-3 years’ experience working in a similar role. Hotel experience is essential and preferably in a 4 or 5 * property.
If this sounds like you, and you can demonstrate the following skills and attributes, apply today:
- high level of motivation and resilience with a pro-active attitude;
- ability to create and prepare high quality menus that will exceed the expectations of our guests;
- extensive knowledge of the food industry;
- ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and guests;
- ability to lead and manage a team;
- excellent organisational skills and ability to manage time effectively;
- keen attention to detail;
- strong problem-solving skills;
- previous experience managing a team in a similar environment;
- commercial and numerical skills with ability to effectively plan budgets;
- IT proficient, including strong use of MS Office;
- appropriate and up-to-date food safety and qualifications.
We understand and value the needs of our employees. As such, the successful candidate for this permanent, full-time post will be offered a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
As Sous Chef you will be based at our hotel, 1-3 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7BQ.
DEVELOP YOUR CAREER WITH US
In addition to a supportive approach to performance management, we actively encourage learning and development by providing formal and informal skills development opportunities.
The closing date for the position is;.31.10.19