Excellent opportunity for a Software Asset Management SaaS Lead Consultant based in Belfast
Title: Software Asset Management SaaS Lead Consultant- Northern Ireland
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
The Software Asset Management SaaS Lead Consultant will manage key software suppliers, collaborating with software product owners and Procurement, contributing as the SAM SaaS expert based on industry best practices. The Software Asset Management SaaS Lead Consultant will lead the SAM SaaS strategy and will work across multiple IT and Internal groups to ensure that the approach is effectively managed and maintained from a governance and on-going operations perspective.
The Software Asset Management SaaS Lead Consultant will be the lead for maintaining software-related information in the Software as a Service “SaaS” tool/repository related to key software vendors, determining license entitlements owned and maintaining compliance with these key software license agreements.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Understand software Product Use Rights and contractual entitlement requirements for software products and publishers (with a specialty in one or more publishers).
- Ensure entitlements and deployments are accurately reflected in the SaaS tool/repository (validate that “bundling” is appropriately reflected, ensure that deployment details that affect software consumption for products with complex licensing metrics are appropriately considered/reflected.
- Evaluate and monitors SaaS application inventory across the organization for optimal cost-effectiveness, including the elimination of application or cost-center redundancy.
- Own KPI measurements for SaaS application adoption and usage and delivers reporting to stakeholders across the organization.
- Own SaaS renewal calendar: managing SaaS application life cycle, develop action plans for upcoming renewals.
- Collaborate with Vendor and/or Supplier management stakeholders to manager and track performance of key SaaS Service providers (eg. Salesforce, Splunk, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Research and resolve data accuracy issues when and as they arise.
- Maintain the ongoing integrity of all software-related data in the SAM SaaS tool.
- Lead cross functional teams to develop and implement initiatives resulting in process efficiencies, and potential budget saves for software spend.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to understand usage, future demand expectations and planned changes. Provide stakeholders guidance based on software license impact/cost and usage.
- Analyze consumption history and trends to provide guidance to budget owners and Procurement regarding projected future requirements and identify any potential budget saves.
- Collaborate with Procurement to assist in negotiations for purchase of software from the key software suppliers to achieve optimal pricing, terms and conditions.
- Independently determines approach to managing projects/teams.
- Leads complex/critical program execution.
- Leverages quantitative, qualitative and trend data to draw conclusions and to help drive business results.
- Anticipates operational issues and develops preventative measures.
- Recognizes gaps in processes and recommends holistic solutions.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with multiple stakeholders throughout the company at all levels (including senior management) and across multiple countries.
- 5 + years of business experience related to software asset management & Software as a Service.
- Knowledge of CSAM or CAMP.
- Experience interpreting license and contractual terms/conditions and analyzing purchase records
- Knowledge of a wide variety of software licensing models and metrics
- Knowledge and familiarity with discovery tools used across different platforms
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and guiding team members
- Experience with SaaS management tools is desired but not essential
- Experience in managing relationships with project stakeholders
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: 18th October 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.