Excellent opportunity for SHEQ OFFICER based in
Day to Day operations
To lead, develop and maintain Site/ company SHEQ management programmes and systems in written format and recording and through face to face contact, communication and team briefing.
To support line management in delivering Site SHEQ objectives.
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the Sites/ company SHEQ management programme and systems.
- Advises line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and subcontractors on sites.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same. Including regular and unplanned site visits to carry out internal inspections/ audits across the various company projects.
- To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
- To develop a monthly SHEQ Communication Strategy for all sites and levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
- To refine, develop and improve existing company systems, quality and H&S documentation.
- Full completion of duties as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance.
- Liaison with HR Dept for initiating and coordinating training plan and updating information for personal, audit and IIP requirements.
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
- Advises line management in Office and on Site of health, safety, quality and environmental matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
- Leads the Company in meeting its obligations under the “Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations.
- Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilitates all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Produces and coordinates the yearly SHEQ action plan and longer term SHEQ roadmap, prepares reports for monthly update of same to Management Meetings.
- Monitors the Site “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Acts as Site “Dangerous Goods” Safety Advisor (DGSA).
- Assists with tender/submission documentation.
All Site personnel, including front line and management staff and contractors, Internal/external auditors and regulatory bodies.
PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION – SHEQ Officer
- General NEBOSH Certificate
- CSR Site Card
- First Aid Basic Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire Prevention and Risk Management Certificate
- Environmental Management Systems Qualification
- General Management Qualification
- IOSH Status or CMIOSH status
Essential – At least 3 years experience in a SHEQ Management Role
Desirable – At least 5 years experience in a SHEQ Management Role in a similar MEP or construction contractors
- Risk Management, Method Statement Review, Site inspections and investigations, company preparation for Audits, Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards, Risk Assessment experience, CDM Regulations implementation, an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ-related legislation, Company standards and programme requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others. Experience in information provision to tender and submission process.
Desirable – Experience of BSI ISO 9001, BSI ISO 14001 and BSI OHSAS 18001 standard
- full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite to include day to day experience of excel sheets, excellent report writing skills and document management experience.
- Disposition (Required critical behaviours)
- Able to demonstrate Results Delivery.
- Partnership Building (internal and external users) Influencing skills
- Excellent Information Sharing ability at all levels
- Visible SHEQ Values
- Improvement Drive.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Embracing and Driving Change.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Planning and organising skills.
- The ability to interact with people at all levels within/external to the Company.
- The ability to self-prioritise workload.
- Required to travel frequently to all sites UK wide.
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV.