Proofpoint are seeking a Professional Services Consultant to join our team in leading implementations of Proofpoint solutions and maintaining technical relationships with our enterprise customers.
Proofpoint is looking for a proactive, responsible, highly motivated Professional Services Consultant to join our team in leading implementations of Proofpoint solutions and maintaining technical relationships with our enterprise customers.
The role will demand interaction with large scale enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT organization. This individual will engage directly with newly signed customers to implement Proofpoint solutions at their sites. The successful candidate will have sound technical experience and skills, blended with strong interpersonal and communication skills. They must be able to take responsibility and accept accountability for successful customer engagements and partner technical relationships.
This is a highly technical role and deep knowledge of the Linux and Solaris operating systems and network configuration is required, as well as a strong background in email. Resolving customer issues routinely includes working in complex product and infrastructure configurations, problem troubleshooting and isolation, performance tuning and optimization, training the customers on product features, escalating product defects and issues and driving them towards resolution while managing the customer.
- Engage with newly signed enterprise customers as a Proofpoint product expert to implement Proofpoint solutions at their sites, typically using remote web conferencing tools. Implementation activities include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customization, testing, and documentation.
- Deliver training to customers and partners.
- Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, designs, proof of concept and implementation
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
- Be a strong voice for your customers into the Marketing and Engineering teams to improve the product and ensure that Proofpoint deployments successful.
- Coordinate with multiple parties – internal departments as well as the customer – to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution to technical issues, and completion of projects
- Define and document the best practice techniques, processes, templates, and architectures for use by the greater field organization
- Based in the Proofpoint Belfast Office.
What you bring to the team
- Deep technical industry experience in a customer-facing technical field such as professional services, sales engineering, or technical support
- Working technical knowledge of the Proofpoint solution set
- Extensive industry experience in a customer-facing technical field such as professional services, sales engineering, or technical support
- Experience in large systems design and project implementation for enterprise email environments
- UNIX system administration experience
- Broad technical knowledge of Internet products and technologies
- A thorough understanding of Internet protocols and how they work, particularly HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, RFC822, LDAP, PKI
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Strong Sendmail and messaging infrastructure system administration experience
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization
- Additional language skills (French and/or Italian) are considered as a plus