Excellent opportunity for a Production Manager based in Carryduff
Further.space is a holiday company which provides outdoor holiday experiences, through luxury design-led pod accommodation in hand- picked locations. The Company manufactures all its own pods under its brand Intupod.
The Intupod is a highly engineered, design-led product that has been developed over the past 4 years. All pods are produced at Intupod’s factory in Carryduff, Belfast. The Company intends to deploy at least 575 accommodation pods across the UK and Ireland within the next 5 years, creating partnerships with more than 100 landowners.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven candidate with a strong production and workshop management background to join Intupod. Intupod is looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to join our team.
In the position of Production Manager, you will report directly to the Directors and will take full responsibility for ensuring the successful manufacture and delivery of all intupod projects.
- Managing and overseeing the design and technical documentation in support of the manufacture of Intupod accommodation units
- Establishing and maintaining standards, systems and processes, based on lean manufacturing principles
- Planning and execution of procurement to ensure all the manufacturing programme and budget targets are met.
- Managing a team of 10-15+ worshop employees to ensure production efficiency; including the day to day management of direct labour, suppliers, manufacturers and specialist sub-contractors.
- Distributing and maintianing job cards, collating and reporting into daily huddles and weekly reporting, highlighting sensitivities and taking required action to mitigate.
- Implementation and policing all health and safety standards and current legislation.
- Weekly reporting to the management team on production targets
- Making recommendations to improve employee efficiency and cost reductions, where possible
- Implementing recommended manufacturing cost reduction strategies
- Preparing and leading Toolbox Talks for the workshop team
- Addressing production issues as they arise
- Communicating expectations to the workshop team and appraising their performance
- Any other responsibilities relevant to the role
Technical Design and Production Management Information
- Review and document all production information and current technical drawings.
- Review and develop current work packages including job cards / check lists
- Support with the integration of Flowlens //flowlens.com/ (MRP solution) into the production facility.
- Manage the interim purchase order process as we work towards Flowlens implementation.
Manage the ‘goods in’ process – including;
Quality checks on goods received
Reconciling delivery notes with purchase orders
Tracking outstanding items (to follow)
Liaising with finance, supplying required backup to purchase invoices.
The successful candidate:
- Minimium of 10 years working experience in manufacturing
- Workshop experience in interior fit-out or shop-fitting manufacturing
- Experience of working with sheet metal assembly desirable
- Experience in the management of direct labour and specialist subcontractors
- Essential IT competences including Autocad (prefereably 3-D Autocad) confident in office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Solid Edge software is preferable
- Will hold a Project Management qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people
- Highly organised, able to work to tight deadlines
- Positive self-starter, keen to find better ways to deliver tasks and objectives
- Open and communicative, keen to help others achieve their objectives
- Calm and positive under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong commitment to quality
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who can demonstrate the necessary skills, knowledge, experience, commitment and attitude to join our team. If this sounds like you, and you want to be part of an exciting and energetic team please send your CV outlining your current remuneration package by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
We are an equal opportunities employer.