Excellent opportunity for a Production Manager based in Production Manager.
- 3-years minimum previous experience in a similar role
- 3rd level Engineering and/or Manufacturing related qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present information, status and issues in a clear and concise manner with the goal of driving to a decision.
- An ability to understand production methodology and system with experience in working to lean / continuous improvement principles
- Experience in daily and weekly reporting to senior management
- Strong Communication and team leadership skills
- Highly proficient IT skills, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database, ERP and MIS)
- Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines and able to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
- Proven experience in Production Management, PVC/Polymer extrusion related industry would be preferably but not essential
- Optimise production performance and increase productivity through the implementation of best practice skills
- Manage daily production meetings/scheduling, controlling and managing the day to day production levels on the shop floor, to ensure that the targets are achieved and chair weekly review/planning production meetings with all key stakeholders
- Manage a skilled team of supervisors and extrusion operatives, including scheduling shift work, reporting back to the MD.
- Responsible for the factory site, production areas, maintenance shed and all ancillary storage areas
- Manage procurement and raw material supply (JIT)
- Development of a Maintenance scheduling program, Continuous process improvement, including preventative maintenance, modifications and providing support for the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Monitor performance carry out fault diagnosis and run adjustments/repairs as necessary. Provide effective problem solving, fault diagnosis and repairs, responding proactively and in a timely manner to plant and equipment faults.
- Work alongside production colleagues to optimise machine and process set up and control system configurations so as to achieve maximum yield and process control performance.
- Adhere to the company’s health, safety, environmental and personal standards policies.
- Ensure accurate and full record keeping of all work is carried out and appropriate handovers are completed.
- Manage production records, productivity analysis, raw material usage records, team performance and product profitability analysis.
- Introduce LEAN thinking principles (Kaizen, Problem-solving, Waste Walks, Visual controls, 5S, etc) working with InvestNI Productivity Improvement Team.
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY NOW button below to upload a current copy of your CV.