Excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer based in Derry
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (on skills/experience)
Due to continued growth and expansion we are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer. You will be working in a progressive company with over 45 years of proven expertise in serving the Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, Energy & Petro-Chemical industries worldwide. Your role will be to support management and a highly motivated and dedicated team of production engineers to meet/exceed all customer requirements of quality and quantity, on an on time basis, using all available company resources to minimise costs and maximise performance. This role comes with a competitive pay package, great work life balance and opportunities for career development.
- Support production to ensure targets for delivery, cost and quality of existing products is achieved.
- Support new programmes through drawing review, BOM review etc. to ensure the product is on cost, on time and to specification.
- Create, update and validate manufacturing instructions.
- Work with production teams to drive efficiency in the manufacturing process.
- Implement lean manufacturing methods to improve overall performance in quality, output, setup and downtime reduction.
- Using 5S methods establish & maintain an organised fixture and tooling system.
- Carry out 5S audits on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Complete/analyse monthly reports showing output, scrap and downtime to facilitate Continuous Improvement.
- Actively manage failure and changes through internal/customer reject investigations.
- Maintain the workplace, equipment and machinery including IT infrastructure in safe working condition at all times, reporting any concerns beyond your control to the Operations Manager.
- Solid experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Industrial Engineer or similar role.
- Experience of mechanical manufacturing principles, technology and processes.
- Strong understanding of lean aspects.
- Experience of improvement projects and initiatives.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience of problem solving techniques (5 Whys, Fishbone diagrams, 8D)
Hours of work
- Mon-Thur 08:00-16:30
- Friday 08:00-13:00
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV