Excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer based in Greyabbey
Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Maintenance Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To undertake preventative and reactive maintenance. Carry out projects and machine installations as required in a machine tool environment.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Free parking
- Carry out all instructions provided by the Maintenance Team Leader on a daily basis
- Meet maintenance targets as defined by the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Carry out fault finding diagnostics and provide a fixed solution.
- Read and understand electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Purchase electrical/mechanical spares in line with the maintenance department procedures and approval of the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Plan work load and keep Maintenance Team Leader informed.
- Responsible for safe and good working practices.
- Manage own designated area using 6s working practices.
- Health and Safety of self and team members ensuring that all identified hazards are reported directly to the Production Manager or the Health and Safety Manager.
- To react to machine breakdown in a timely fashion according to the maintenance schedule as provided by the Team Leader / Process Supervisors. The job holder is required to problem solve causes of breakdown and decide the appropriate course of action to take to resolve the issue in a timely and safe manner.
- The job is responsible for carrying out the preventative and routine maintenance according to the preventative maintenance schedule and to complete maintenance check sheets as required.
- A certain level of outside normal hours may be required. (Call Out).
- The Job holder will co-ordinate and work closely with the machine tool suppliers.
- Develop and train other members in the team as and when requested.
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager and team leader.
- Desirable: Time served recognised engineering background minimum of City and Guilds, ONC, HNC, NVQ in electrical/mechanical engineering.
Essential: Computer and numerical literacy including Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 3 years working within a Machine tool environment
- A High standard of knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering working practices.
- Knowledge of CNC control systems Fanuc, Heidenhain and Siemens.
- Demonstrated experience of setting up and managing preventative maintenance systems and TPM.
- Willingness to undertake and provide further training and development as required by the company.
- Previous experience of 6s and continuous improvement.
- A logical and analytical approach to fault finding with solutions.
- Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work on own and as a team with an ’I CAN DO’ approach.
- Strong level of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website