Excellent opportunity for Leisure Markets Manager based in Belfast.
Titanic Belfast, a world leading tourist attraction, is located on the exact spot where the famous ship was designed and launched in the early 1900s. It is an iconic six-floor building featuring nine interpretive and interactive galleries that explore the sights, sounds, smells and stories of Titanic, as well as the City and people which made her. Visitors can learn about the construction of RMS Titanic, as well as the rich story of Northern Ireland’s industrial and maritime heritage. The building also features the city’s premier conference and banqueting suites, temporary exhibits, education and community facilities, catering and retail space, as well as a basement car park.
Since opening in 2012, Titanic Belfast has continued to go from strength to strength, firmly establishing itself on the local, national and international stage, having welcomed over 5 million visitors from over 145 countries. It was awarded the World’s Leading Tourist Attraction in 2016, as well as a host of industry awards.
At Titanic Belfast, we value our staff as one of our key assets and reasons for success. We rely on our crew to deliver our famous five-star customer service, as well as the exciting developments we have in the pipeline. If you have a ‘can-do’ attitude, an interest in tourism, excellent communication skills or an interest in both Titanic and Belfast’s industrial heritage, you could have the ‘Titanic-factor’ and be part of our award-winning crew.
The role of Leisure Markets Manager exists to provide stability within the Leisure Sales team structure and to support the Business and Leisure Markets Manager in achieving revenue targets and delivering company KPIs.
The primary focus of the role will be to manage the Leisure Sales team on a day-to-day basis to drive sales across the portfolio of Titanic Venues including Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic.
Key Job Information:
Hours: 40 per working week.
(Flexibility to work evening / weekends occasionally when required)
Reporting to: Business and Leisure Markets Manager
Location: Titanic Belfast
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute at management level in the creation and delivery of the sales and marketing strategy that will help drive the Leisure business and ensure agreed revenue targets are achieved
- To manage the Leisure Markets proactive sales plans to ensure delivery across tour operators, education and ad hoc group sales
- To manage direct line reports from the Leisure Sales team on a day-to-day basis including general HR and 1-2-1 meetings
- To assist in the creation of the annual business plan for the department
- To contribute to departmental reporting as required
- To report on sales activity and sales forecasting at weekly / seasonal team planning meetings
- To represent the department at the company wide weekly Operations Meeting
- To assist in the effective management of the departmental budget for tradeshows and promotional campaigns
- To represent the team at internal and external meetings as required by the needs of the business
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to the wider Leisure sales team
- Travel domestically, nationally and internationally as required to meet the needs of the business
- Work within a set annual budget ensuring that all marketing activities represent value for money and help to meet visitor targets.
- Use internal and finance systems in line with SOPs
- Proactive and positive approach to embracing organisational Health and Safety culture.
- To undertake your duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of Titanic Belfast.
- As a line manager, ensure your interactions with and the management of your team are of the very highest professional standards and in line with the culture and standards of the organisation.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with all GDPR / Data Protection related policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as delegated by Business and Leisure Markets Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
- Drive sales and new business opportunities for Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic across domestic and international platforms
- Generate revenue through pro-active sales and lead generation
- To build and maintain relationships with Tour Operators, Group Travel organisers, destination management companies, online travel agents, ground handlers and Tourism agencies that will lead to new business opportunities
- Face -to-face presentations to Tour Group Operators, Coach & Cruise operators to generate and contract new business
- Manage and resolve any issues with operators in a timely and professional manner
- Actively engage with 2 operators on site per week to gather feedback and build relationships
- Drive international visitor numbers from Titanic Belfast’s key markets of ROI, GB, USA, Canada, France, Germany, Australia and China
- Represent the company at tradeshows, site inspections, FAMs and networking events as required by the needs of the business
- Undertake regular sales calls to group tourism operators
- Capture and utilise Customer Feedback to help shape future product
- Regular liaison with representatives within Tourism Northern Ireland, Tourism Ireland and Visit Belfast and other NI tourism providers
- Fulfilment of all sales campaign partnerships with Tourism Ireland
- Monitor ticket sales and sales volume per group operator in order to identify opportunities or issues
- Tour group credit management with Finance
- Develop marketing and promotional collateral that will help drive business and revenue figures
- Maintain good relations with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure projects are managed in a timely fashion to maximise impact and help drive sales
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to utilize all digital marketing platforms to ensure all marketing messages are delivered to the markets
- Monitor all sales and marketing activities and re-evaluate campaigns
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- Minimum of 5 year’s Leisure business sales experience
- The ability to lead and manage a small team
- Strong knowledge of industry stakeholders and partners
- The ability to work both independently and contribute to the ongoing development of the wider team
- To be solutions focused and work calmly under pressure
- A drive to reach and exceed targets
- A tenacious and positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must display leadership qualities
- Commercially minded
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage deadlines
- Effective communicator
- An effective people manager, team leader and team player
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
Titanic Belfast reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria if necessary, to assist with shortlisting.
Our Employee Benefits Package includes:
- Fully paid uniform
- Free surface car parking
- 31 days holiday
- Access to ‘Connect’ (Employee Assistance Programme and High Street Discounts)
- Counselling Services
- Discounts for onsite Events, Retail, Outlets and Visitor Experience
- Pension scheme with Employer Contributions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care Scheme
- Winter Flu Vaccine
- Subsidised food at breaks
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for the position of Leisure Markets Manager, then please click the APPLY NOW button below to visit our recruitment site to complete and submit an application. Applications will only be accepted via company application forms.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 14th October at 9am. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage, individual interviews are anticipated to take place on Wednesday 23rd October 2019.
For the attention of Recruitment Agencies:
Please be advised that we will not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies to fill this role.
Titanic Belfast Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.