- Full diary management responsibilities including making appointments, organising meetings and ensuring the smooth running of such meetings including ordering refreshments etc. as appropriate.
- Full e-mail inbox management (manage and file e-mails), ensuring that urgent emails are promptly picked up by fee earners, or forwarded to another fee earner in their absence.
- File management responsibilities. Opening and closing files including ensuring electronic filing systems are maintained accurately and up to date.
- Proactive client liaison including take messages, pass on information and deal with simple queries.
- Handling documents, some of which are large, making amendments and working to deadlines
- Responsible for coordination of marketing events of up to 50 people and liaising with events team internally on larger events.
- Manage the production of all documents, including restyling using house styles and client document styles (even those not typed personally) from initiation to delivery back to the relevant fee earner, involving Document Specialists as required.
- Build relationships with other teams including finance to take responsibility for chasing WIP and financial matters for partners
- Organising conference calls on behalf of the fee earners in a timely fashion.
- Organising transport, accommodation and related documentation for international travel as required.
- Prepare client registration documents, engagement/assignment letters, conflicts checks, money laundering and audit Letters, with direction from partner/fee earner.
- Work collaboratively with other secretarial support to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients.
- Audio and copy typing of legal documentation and correspondence to a high standard.
- Maintain CRM by updating InterAction and maintaining fee earner contact lists and updating calendar invites with the correct BD information.
- Support Marketing and Business Development administration e.g. prepare alerters, invites, web profiles, presentations, contact sheets, tenders, bids etc.
- Arranging events.
- Any additional ad hoc tasks as required
- Experienced Secretary/PA with 2 years previous experience from a legal or financial/banking environment.
- Must possess excellent diary management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and build good relationships with clients and staff within the firm.
- Must work well as part of a team and be a role model and mentor to the junior members of the team.
- Microsoft Office IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook (Fieldfisher uses Microsoft 2010).
- Proven document or case management skills (Fieldfisher use Worksite).
- Must be a competent, fast and accurate typist.
- Must be competent at producing legal documents to a high standard.
- Professional telephone manner and the ability to accurately record and pass on messages.
- Sound technical skills in the following areas:
- Proven experience of using a legal computerised finance system for the purposes of legal billing (Fieldfisher use LexisOne).
- Proven experience of using a Client Relationship Management system (Fieldfisher use InterAction).
- Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm with a good level of accuracy.
- Must be able to pre-empt and demonstrate initiative in ensuring the workload is managed efficiently maintaining effective communication with the fee earner at all times.
- Must have a ‘can do’ approach and be willing to develop the role to ensure a high level of unsupervised support as far as can be attainable is provided.
- Must be able to work autonomously and aim to resolve problems, identify solutions with minimum of supervision and direction.