Finnebrogue looks at what’s wrong with food to figure out how to make it the best it can be, without being bound by the way it has always been done. Having earned a reputation as the country’s leading top-tier sausage maker, we launched revolutiona
Finnebrogue looks at what’s wrong with food to figure out how to make it the best it can be, without being bound by the way it has always been done. Having earned a reputation as the country’s leading top-tier sausage maker, we launched revolutionary bacon and ham made without nitrites, opened a state of the art vegetarian factory and always place innovation at the heart of what we do.
We are currently searching for two Hygiene Managers (one for night shift and one for day shift) to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop their career in one of the fastest growing food manufacturers in the UK.
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised canteen
- Retail Discount Cards
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Discounted Staff Sales
- Length of Service Additional Holiday Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Death in Service
To lead the Hygiene function within Finnebrogue. The responsibilities will include, the application of all safe working practices, driving the hygiene throughout all operational areas of the business, ensuring the safety of our product.
- 3 – 5 years previous experience as a Hygiene Manager
- Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment
- People Management Experience, with a track record of people development.
- Management of CIC’s
- Excellent project and programme management skills
- An excellent understanding and appreciation of an ‘end to end’ supply chain
- Proven ‘Safety First’ approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of and an understanding of major retailor hygiene requirements and Codes of Practice
- Health and Safety qualification
- To lead, manage and develop the team on a short term and long term basis.
- Manage hygiene department budget for all resources.
- Ensure and manage daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly hygiene schedules.
- Day to day hygiene management combined with scheduled deep clean of all machinery and areas
- Ensure CIC’s are constantly evaluated, updated, and trained out to all employees
- Recruiting staff with the relevant skill sets to ensure effective service delivery.
- Management and development of team including training, 1to1’s and appraisals.
- Site Audits to ensure service is delivered to the required standards.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times, delivering training, mentoring and tool box talks
- Implementing the company’s health and safety policy and carry out risk assessments and develop method statements and monitor procedures see continuous improvement
- Responsible for safe use of chemicals, with an emphasis on training, storage and usage.
- Staff hours, absence, disciplinaries and PPE requirements.
- Headcount & succession planning
We are an equal opportunities employer.