The Head of Testing – UK&I will be responsible for the development of the test capability, engaging with the broader test practice and making a significant contribution to the practice direction and commercial success of the function.
Kainos is a trusted Workday implementation and certified solution partner, providing management, integration, support and testing services for its cloud-based software. We are Workday’s largest QA testing partner and have a team of consultants, which provide services to customers around the world. Kainos has developed a range of tools to expedite Workday delivery. Designed specifically for the business user, Kainos Smart automates the testing of critical functional areas within Workday.
The Head of Testing – UK&I will be responsible for the development of the test capability, engaging with the broader test practice and making a significant contribution to the practice direction and commercial success of the function. The Head of Testing will be responsible for delivering client side engagements and will be expected to hold a detailed knowledge of Workday and work at Executive level with client stakeholders in setting strategy and direction in testing.
This is a client focussed role, and will require time on client site. This role willoversee that Kainos test commitments to clients are delivered to agreed timelines and ensure that the use of automated test tool, Smart, is optimised for test events.
With exceptional technical acumen and a positive, business facing attitude – the successful candidate will be a key part of a developing business set for significant growth over the coming years.
- Client Delivery
- Developing delivery methodology, ensuring that testing best practice approaches are followed
- Developing relationships with customers / partners to deliver new business to the practice
- Contributing to commercial processes and documentation such as SOWs, RFQs, RFPs and ITTs.
- Working with sales team in pitch presentations
- Recruiting into the practice as required for project work
- Responsible for personal and direct report targets in terms of revenue and utilisation
- Thought leadership
- Delivering white papers, webinars and articles to the broader Workday community on a regular basis
- Engaging with strategic contacts within the Workday ecosystem, ensuring that Kainos is perceived to be the thought leader within the Workday testing space
- Management of client engagements
- Planning the test event, in terms of scope and test load required
- Ensuring that the agreed test load ensures adequate test coverage
- Risk based prioritisation of testing
- Defining test scripts
- Ensuring client side ownership from a functional and integration perspective
- Test event tracking
- Configuring test management systems (e.g. Testrail / Jira)
- Management of the project test team to ensure that they are equipped to execute tests and maintain progress through the test event
- Liaison with key stakeholders through the test event – ensuring that they are kept informed of test event progress and escalated to where required.
- Working with the Workday Implementation Partner in terms of planning the test event and feedback on any configuration issues
- Ensuring that you gain comprehensive knowledge of the Smart test automation tool
- Ensuring that automation forms a key part of the strategy in test engagements
- Working with the Smart product team to ensure that the product aligns with prevailing approaches to testing Workday
The Experience Required:
- Extensive commercial experience within a software testing environment, preferably with a client facing role in a Senior Test Management, or Test Leadership position.
- Test strategy development and execution at a senior level within significant product deployments
- Management of a test team or Professional Services team within the ERP space
- Developed knowledge of the trends in information technology, especially ‘Cloud’ computing and SaaS concepts.
- Experience in the implementation of on-premise or cloud-based business applications such as CRM, ERP, BI or HCM.
- Working knowledge of HCM, Financials or Payroll applications
- A computer science or related degree to at least a 2:1 level.
- Sound communication skills including business writing and excellent spoken and written English
- A developed understanding of quality assurance / automated testing.