Excellent opportunity for a Food & Beverage Manager based in Newcastle.
Title: F&B Manager
Location: Newcastle, County Down
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Reporting to: Club Secretary
Direct reports: All F&B staff
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for managing the day to day food and beverage business within the clubhouse, specifically the Murlough Room Bar for both visitors and members, and the Members’ Lounge and Dining room. Your job is to hire staff, purchase stock, and make sure the staff are properly trained to ensure that the food and beverage service is second to none. This is a very important role; in effect, you are an ambassador for Royal County Down Golf Club.
- Manage all F&B and associated day-to-day operations to the highest standards
- Preserve excellent levels of member and visitor customer service
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and developing talented personnel
- Oversee all beverage ordering and deliveries to ensure effective stock control and to minimize wastage
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety within the F&B areas and enforce all food hygiene/health & safety/fire regulations, attending any training as required
- Ensure that departmental risk assessments are completed and reviewed regularly
- Carry out annual and mid-year appraisals with staff under your responsibility
- Ensure that the F&B team have excellent product knowledge
- Producing weekly/monthly KPI data. • Working with the Club Secretary in evaluating and preparing submissions for capital expenditure
- Working with management to grow the Club, including formulating strategies and long-term plans
- Working with the Club Secretary in preparation and formulation of annual budgets and targets, and interim forecasts
- Supporting the Club Secretary in maintaining appropriate risk management processes
- The skills and character attributes which Royal County Down Golf Club is looking for in its new F&B Manager include:
- Management experience within the hospitality industry
- Degree/qualifications in relevant area/skill preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong IT skills and up to date with new technologies including EPOS systems
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and sound decision making
- A good team player with energy, commitment, drive and ambition
- Willingness to develop team members and self
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of service
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- A creative, open and inquiring mind, combined with initiative and confidence
The attractive remuneration package will include a competitive salary and benefits.
But this is not just about the financial rewards. For the right candidate, this is an outstanding opportunity to join an exceptional Club and its management team whose drive is to improve and deliver the best possible membership and visitor experience. One of the key benefits of this role is the excellent working hours for a senior role in the F&B industry. The role has limited requirements for evening work, and in fact there are only a handful of days in the year where the working day will extend beyond 6pm.
To view full job description please click here to view.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, upload your CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.
Closing Friday 1st November 2019