Excellent opportunity for a Accounts Payable Team Leader
Processing high volumes of invoices and other accounts payable documentation is time consuming and costly for in-house AP departments. The OSV service therefore streamlines these activities by providing “procure to pay” services, streamlining activities, saving time, increasing accuracy and enabling better cashflow.
The job is responsible for the oversight and coordination of the UK Accounts Payable team. This includes, but is not limited to, leadership of the team, ability to forge strong relationships with the customer and assurance of a high-functioning team which creates accurate, timely and high-quality output.
The Team Lead also must be willing to step in and perform the functions of an Accounts Payable Specialist, where required. The Team Lead must ensure tight controls of the AP process by making sure key milestones are met in a high-quality manner.
- Manage the Accounts Payable process for customers.
- Drive an environment of accountability and quality-mindedness
- Ensure strict adherence to and delivery of data in accordance to data privacy laws, namely GDPR
- Communicate process improvements, risks, errors and escalations openly and freely in an expedited fashion
- Support and meet all Service Level agreements focusing on response time and accuracy.
- Ensure proper diagnostics on issues and managing customer expectations and communications regarding recovery.
- Maintaining the consistency and integrity of OSV business process support through case oversight and problem resolution.
- Meet or exceed all performance standards and provides monthly/quarterly reporting on them
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Manager
- Willingly works with and consults team members to achieve goals.
- Actively supports business and team effort, promoting the sharing of good practice and interpersonal relations
- Willingly offers time, resources and support to others
- Commits personally to agreed ways of working and plans, sacrificing personal interests where necessary
- Implements plans and builds relationships that enable OSV to be the preferred provider of solutions
- Builds a team culture that delivers every improving levels of service so as to reduce customer effort
- Focuses the team on meeting or exceeding agreed service standards
- Ensures own knowledge of functional area is up to date and relevant
- Relates own and team’s actions on the things which help OSV to be effective, respected and profitable
- Takes effective, business focused decisions which balance technical and commercial considerations
Planning & Analysis
- Translates goals into relevant and clear plans for self and others
- Recognises and responds to change refocusing self and team quickly and effectively to meet new circumstances and priorities
- Analyses and interprets complex data sets assessing needs and determining action
- Responds to problems as challenges, remaining positive and making recommendations regarding solutions and works to achieve agreed solution.
- Anticipates problems before they emerge and plans to avoid/mitigate associated issues
- Fosters and free participates in an environment which generates and welcomes new and innovative ideas
- Challenges the way things are done, objectively and constructively for the benefit of the team/function/project.
- Manages audience effectively to ensure understanding, buy-in or agreement.
- Aiming for win/win outcomes
This position has direct reports manages a team of 4 people.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, finance, accounting, payroll or related field and two years of AP experience; or any combination of education, training or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- People Management – prior experience as an effective and motivational manager
- Customer experience – prior experience in direct interaction with customers, preferably in the AP/finance space.
- Consolidated knowledge of the accounts payable process and function within the context of a finance department and the business as a whole
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an accounts payable role
- Understanding of basic UK VAT rules
- Understanding about the coding of invoices and ramifications thereof
- Customer Service Skills; ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Basic to moderate Excel skills
- Attention to Detail and Quality
- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good Organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing office environment
- Ability to work independently while following procedures and guidelines.
- Part qualified AAT or similar
To apply for this role please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website.