Excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer (Linux) based in Belfast/Derry/Londonderry/Strabane
Title: Design Engineer (Linux)
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
The Server Build & Design Engineer manages and plans efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing hardware and software technology components. The Server Build & Design Engineer utilizes scripting to execute deployment tasks related to hardware and virtual technology. Throughout the delivery process there is a need for component analysis, integration, and problem solving, from an operating system level, hardware level, BIOS level and network level.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Manage one or more of the following activities (concerning new or existing hardware and software technology components or enhancements to existing components): build, enhance/upgrade, plan and deliver physical and virtual servers.
- Represent the team to collaborate with other Engineers, IT Architects, vendors, and business clients to ensure that the modified hardware and software technology components interact appropriately. Take into account data conversion impacts. Ensure production environments are developed and maintained, and other areas of impact are addressed and meet business functional and performance requirements.
- Manage efforts to test, debug, and analyze performance, and document hardware and software technology components.
- Along with the existing team of engineers, manage efforts to implement hardware and software technology components by analyzing the current system environment using technical tools and utilities.
- Help the team with the verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Be part of the team assigned to manage all activities associated with the purchasing, support and administration of the hardware and software technology component for the client delivery.
- Complete complex hardware and software technology component analysis, and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels or tune hardware and software technology components for optimum performance.
- Manage efforts to ensure that plans integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical hardware and software technology components including representing security standards.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a technology related field.
- Strong background with Server Builds specifically Linux.
- Experience with working with remote DataCentre Deployment.
- Experience with DNS, NTP, LDAP, Active directory and other network services
- Understanding of NAS & SAN concepts. NFS & Autofs.
- Education: College degree or equivalent work experienceStrong server builds capabilities (VM, Physical, Cloud) – Windows & Linux
- Be able to communicate/translate technical terminology to non-technical business professionals
- RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)
- Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
- Provide input and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: Tuesday 15th October 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.