JOB DESCRIPTION Role: Community Fundraiser Reporting to: Fundraising Manager Salary Scale: Band 7, Pay Point 29 -32 [£25,139 – £27,593] Hours:&n
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager
Salary Scale: Band 7, Pay Point 29 -32 [£25,139 – £27,593]
Hours: 35 hours per week
Cancer Fund for Children is the leading voluntary organisation working with children, teenagers and young adults living with cancer and their families in Northern Ireland, providing services across the region.
Working closely alongside the Fundraising Manager and the wider Income Generation Team, the job has three distinct but connected strands:
- To nurture, develop and manage key fundraising relationships with Cancer Fund for Children Community donors.
- To maximise income from Community donors, through organisation and support of their events ensuring they enhance the profile of Cancer Fund for Children and to encourage support of the charity’s core events.
- To strategically develop new Cancer Fund for Children Community supporters from Clubs and Associations as well as the wider community.
To work as part of the Income Generation team to:
– Deliver on forecast income in the annual fundraising plan;
– Ensure maximum cross selling through the team;
– Ensure information sharing is utilised across all the team.
- To be responsible for nurturing, developing and managing key fundraising relationships with Cancer Fund for Children Community donors and to monitor and report on progress of these fundraising relationships to the Fundraising Manager.
- To take responsibility for supporting the logistics, marketing and PR where appropriate of Community Fundraising events held on behalf of Cancer Fund for Children in line with fundraising legalities and best practice, working where necessary, with the Communications & Marketing Team.
- To provide high levels of support & donor care in maintaining, fostering and enhancing relationships with existing, new and potential Community contacts.
- To be responsible for maximizing the financial outcome of all leads generated from Community & Clubs fundraising.
- To work closely with all other Income Generation Team members to ensure all marketing opportunities and administration requirements are introduced and maintained to enable effective promotion, analysis and monitoring of income and activities from Community contacts.
- To research, evaluate, develop and implement small business fundraising initiatives and campaigns, that will further enhance fundraising income generation.
- To ensure Income Generation Database is used accurately to record income and communication with all contacts.
- To provide high levels of support and donor care in maintaining, fostering and enhancing relationships with Cancer Fund for Children donors from the wider community – Support Groups, Service Users, Schools and Businesses, where appropriate.
- Ensure donors are acknowledged with appropriate Thank You methods – newsletter, Daisy Lodge visits, certificates etc.
- To support all Marketing/PR needs required.
Click here to view full job description