Excellent opportunity for Commercial Manager based in Belfast.
Commercial Manager – Belfast
We are seeking to recruit a Commercial Manager who will be based in our Belfast office with regular UK/ROI and International travel.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for the development and delivery of a professional commercial service, demonstrating the necessary attributes to develop key relationships and oversee the operation of the commercial function.
Working primarily alongside the Customer-care, Finance, Operations and Transport departments the Commercial manger will be responsible to the Commercial Director. The role will be expected to form effective partnerships to strengthen the commitment to the development and future growth in the business, increasing market share and delivering a service that continues to exceed customer expectations.
The applicant should be able to apply a structured follow-up on leads, maximise the potential of new and existing business relationships, and consistently demonstrate a ‘go get-it’ attitude.
Flexibility to travel and a ‘self-starting’ attitude are key.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director and other departments in the execution of the commercial objectives of the business, ensuring those objectives are met through the development, implementation and review of appropriate commercial strategies and business planning.
- Establish and maintain clear routines and processes around the day-to-day commercial activity including but not limited to, CRM (Customer Relationship Management); pricing, quotations and tenders; sales and marketing; market research and business development
- Provide commercial input on a range of issues, linking in and working cohesively with the Company’s Customer-care, Finance, Operations and Transport teams.
- Provide high quality commercial, sales and management information that facilitates improved decision-making and performance tracking.
- Bring a focused approach to all aspects of sales, costs and profitability within the Sales function and establish clear lines of communication, responsibility and accountability.
- Work with the Commercial team and Finance department to produce high-quality budgets and forecasts which are regularly reviewed, challenged and tested.
- Retain a cohesive market focus and identity for Jenkins, which maintains exceptional service standards at the heart of the supply chain.
- Development and management of key customers, establishing strong relationships with all key contacts.
- Ideally degree educated or equivalent CPD
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable working cross functionally at all levels
- Experience of either a customer service or commercial role
- Ability to develop new and existing corporate customer accounts
- It would be beneficial to have experience of the ports, warehousing and logistics sector
The key competencies identified for effective performance in the role include:
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Outgoing and Sociable
- Relationship builder
- Self- Assertion and Personal Impact
- Team Player
Additional Benefits: Free Parking, Contributory Pension Scheme, Paid business Mileage and specific training to enhance performance
Annual Leave: 25 days per year plus company bank and public holidays
Please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV.
Closing Date: 31/10/2019