Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary See description
Updated 4 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Visitor Experience Crew with Guiding.
This role is vital to the success of the Visitor Experience and will contribute significantly in maximising the guest experience. You will have responsibility for interacting with visitors throughout the Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic Visitor Experience, including implementing policies and procedures relating to all aspects of the experience, and providing an excellent service to guests at all times.
In addition to existing Visitor Experience staff duties, the Visitor Experience Crew member will provide costumed and non-costumed guided tours to visitors/clients/students, deliver first person narratives in character and will facilitate workshops for Education groups as required.
Key Job Information:
Contract: Permanent Annualised Hours. This involves working a set number of hours over the year, rather than per week. Longer hours may be worked over our busy high season months, and less hours may be worked during our slightly quieter low season months.
Hours: 37.5 hours per working week – Must be fully flexible across the week to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts.
Reporting to: Visitor Attraction Experience Manager
Location: Titanic Belfast, SS Nomadic and other locations as needed
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
– Interacts with guests throughout the visitor experience in all of the following roles:
– Provide an exceptional tour experience for Titanic Belfast & SS Nomadic guests through effective and engaging communication of the tour scripts.
– Responsible for adapting tours depending on size, nature, visitor demographic and operational conditions.
– Acting as a primary evacuation marshal for your area, you are responsible for a calm evacuation of all guests in an emergency.
– This role may require interacting with visitors throughout the exhibition including character or costume-based interactions.
– Compliance with the Titanic Belfast Health and Safety and Manual Handling Policies and Procedures
– Proactive and positive approach to embracing organisational Health and Safety culture
– To undertake your duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of Titanic Belfast
– Ensure adherence to and compliance with all GDPR / Data Protection related policies and procedures
– To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
Titanic Belfast reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria if necessary, to assist with shortlisting.
Our Employee Benefits Package includes:
If you would like to apply for the position of Visitor Experience Crew with Guiding, then please visit our recruitment site by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 23rd September 2019 at 9am. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Please note, applicants successful at the shortlisting stage will be expected to attend an assessment centre on Tuesday 1st October. Individuals successful at the assessment centre will then be expected to attend an individual interview anticipated to take place on Tuesday 15th October.
Titanic Belfast Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.