Excellent opportunity for a Visitor Attraction Resource Manager based in Belfast.
TB19-64 Visitor Attraction Resource Manager
The Visitor Attraction Resource Manager will be responsible for the management of administration and back of house support systems for the Visitor Attraction department. This will include resourcing, reporting and analysing data as well as providing business improvement initiatives to support the department. Currently, there are three areas of direct line management responsibility (Visitor Experience Co-ordinator, Customer Service Support and Group Booking Co-ordinator). As part of the Visitor Attraction management team there will also be a requirement to support the Head of Visitor Attraction to drive efficiencies and standards throughout the department.
Key Job Information:
Contract: Permanent Annualised Hours. This involves working a set number of hours over the year, rather than per week. Longer hours may be worked over our busy high season months, and less hours may be worked during our slightly quieter low season months.
Hours: An average of 40 per working week (Must be flexible to work across the 7 days to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts when required)
Reporting to: Visitor Attraction Experience Manager
Location: Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect key data and provide reports and analysis which detail and compare the performance of the department and inform strategic development options to include VSATS (Visitor Satisfaction Surveys), complaints, trends and data collected on internal systems.
- Report on and compare benchmarking data supplied from external sources including ALVA, NI Tourism Surveys etc. Analyse performance and identify scope for improvements.
- Responsibility for complaint handling and visitor feedback, ensuring responses meet business standards and agreeing any procedural changes with the Head of Visitor Attraction.
- Responsibility for compiling rotas and allocating labour for all Visitor Experience staff to meet the seasonal requirements of the business in line with the department budget. This will include the galleries, discovery tours, SS Nomadic, admin support, including Customer Service Support and Group Bookings desks, top up staff for the Learning and Outreach department, and staffing resources to meet ad hoc requirements of other departments such as guest visits, potential clients, events and any new products introduced.
- Support the recruitment and induction processes for the overall department in line with the HR and Titanic Belfast policies.
- Responsibility for the distribution of uniform and record keeping associated with this.
- Complete payroll paperwork in line with standard operating procedures and HR timeframes, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Track and manage staff management processes such as sickness and absence, return to work interviews and performance appraisals. Creation of personal development action plans for direct reports.
- Support Titanic Belfast’s Visitor Attraction management and staff teams to enable delivery of a 5-star visitor experience to all visitors at Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic to ensure that Titanic Belfast sustains its position as a world class leading visitor attraction.
- Manage and develop the Customer Service Support, Group Bookings and Administrator roles to enhance the benefits these can bring to the business and the direct support they can provide to the Visitor Attraction Resource Manager role, ensuring responsibilities are carried out efficiently and to any agreed timeframes.
- Put in place robust processes, procedures and checks to ensure KPI’s and all agreed standards across the area of responsibility are continually met.
- Contribute to the organisation business planning and budget processes.
- Review and scope alternative systems which may benefit the business in the area of data collection under the remit of this post and implement if agreed.
- Ensure all activities within the areas of responsibilities are planned around the requirements of our customers and the needs of the business in line with the Titanic Belfast’s Business Plans and Seasonal Planning Calendar.
- One of the key managers responsible for the communication to the rest of the team and wider organisation e.g. daily brief.
- Responsibility for communication in respect of debriefs (end of season/event etc.) to all departments and collation of report for Head of Visitor Attraction.
- Enable effective communications across the Visitor Attraction Resource team and any queries raised by the Visitor Attraction Experience Manager or Head of Visitor Attraction regarding rosters or daily communications for the one team and any other input required.
- Act as Duty Manager for Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic visitor experience on a rotational basis.
- Support the Visitor Attraction Experience Manager with the creation, monitoring and reviewing of standard operating procedures and risk assessments for the Visitor Experience department.
- Proactive and positive approach to embracing organisational Health and Safety culture.
- To undertake your duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of Titanic Belfast.
- As a line manager, ensure your interactions with and the management of your team are of the very highest professional standards and in line with the culture and standards of the organisation.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with all GDPR / Data Protection related policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as delegated by Visitor Attraction Experience Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent (Grades A-C including English and Maths).
- A minimum of one years’ direct line management experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a fast-paced environment where administration or data analysis was a key part of the role.
- Previous administrative experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and cloud-based systems in an office environment.
- Previous rota or scheduling experience
- Ability to supervise and work as part of a team, using your own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels – with visitors, crew and management.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Customer focused
- Safety focused
- Leadership and performance management
- Time management and organisational Skills
- Results focused
Titanic Belfast reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria if necessary, to assist with shortlisting.
Our Employee Benefits Package includes:
- Fully paid uniform
- Free surface car parking
- 31 days holiday
- Access to ‘Connect’ (Employee Assistance Programme and High Street Discounts)
- Counselling Services
- Discounts for onsite Events, Retail, Outlets and Visitor Experience
- Pension scheme with Employer Contributions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care Scheme
- Winter Flu Vaccine
- Subsidised food at breaks
If you would like to apply for the position of Visitor Attraction Resource Manager, then please visit our recruitment site by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 23rd September 2019 at 9am. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Please note, applicants successful at the shortlisting stage, will be required to attend a group assessment centre on Tuesday 1st October 2019. Applicants successful at the group assessment will also be required to attend an individual interview on Monday 7th October 2019.
Titanic Belfast Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.