Excellent opportunity for a User Support Technician based in Belfast.
User Support Technician (Fixed term for one year with possibility of extension)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Digital and Technical Services Manager
GRADE: Grade 5
To provide user and technical support and guidance to all ICT Service Users in the College with the use of ICT/digital equipment in accordance with the ICT Service Level Definition.
Work with team members to ensure the safe and effective running of the digital environment, systems, processes and support provided for teaching, learning and research activities to staff, students and other users in the College.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- General maintenance of user workstation equipment, end user support, and systems maintenance to include various end-user computing devices, software, and peripherals.
- Help Desk User assistance and support with computer systems mobile phones, office phones, printers and peripherals.
- Provide assistance to users with respect to the Colleges software applications, mainly Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 365 and Office 2013/16.
- Receive, log and escalate service requests as a first point of contact for the helpdesk facility.
- Assist other team members with the development and maintenance of the helpdesk application and knowledge-base.
- Perform configurations, installations, reconfigurations, upgrades and reallocations of Windows and Macintosh workstations and laptops.
- Basic network configuration and troubleshooting.
- Analyse and recommend new products, upgrades and services for end users
- The ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make sound decisions Misc. projects as assigned.
- Liaise with the Digital Infrastructure Officer to provide support as required for infrastructure projects and information and data systems in the College.
- Operate and maintain an up to date inventory and logging system for all ICT/digital resources.
- Work with team members to set-up and commission new hardware and software in teaching and research areas and for individuals.
- Physically transport IT hardware and audio visual equipment as required.
- Provide support to staff and students with the use of their own devices and applications where relevant.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff and students with regards to the security of user accounts.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of compliance with current Health and Safety requirements and procedures, in accordance with best practice and the relevant legal requirements.
Click here to view Full Job Description
To apply for this role please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website.
Closing date for this position is 16th September 2019.