Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 2 days ago
Proofpoint are hiring a Technical Project Manager to join our Professional Services Operations team.
Proofpoint is seeking a proactive, responsible, and highly organized individual to join the Professional Services Operations team. As an Operations Technical Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating logistics and resources for our Proofpoint Essentials (SME customer) projects, then working with customers to implement their solution. You should have strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and manage the dynamic schedules of customers and team members.
This is a semi-technical role, and the ideal candidate for this role will also have a background in email and managing web-based administrative tools. Resolving customer issues routinely includes working in complex product and infrastructure configurations, problem troubleshooting and isolation, performance tuning and optimization, training the customers on product features, escalating product defects and issues and driving them towards resolution while managing the customer.
• Be the first point of contact for customers who have purchased Essentials services.
• Coordinate with multiple parties – internal departments as well as the customer – to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution to technical issues, and completion of projects
• Drive Essentials implementations while working side-by-side with the customers to solve their unique problems
• Work with internal teams (most notably engineering, sales, product management) to address escalations, RFEs, etc
• Define and document the best practice techniques, processes, templates, and architectures for use by the greater field organization
• Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
• Use Outlook, Salesforce, ServiceCloud and CloudCoach software to ensure proper tracking, scheduling, and communication for customer engagements
What you bring
• BSc Degree in Computer Science or related subject
• Industry experience in a customer-facing role such as project management, professional services, sales engineering or technical support
• Strong project management skills with a high attention to detail
• Experience managing complex, concurrent projects and leading them to completion.
• Knowledge of common internet protocols and how they work, particularly HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, RFC822, LDAP, PKI
• Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration & components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational, analytical, negotiation, and influence skills
• Ability to work independently and adapt quickly while maintaining a positive attitude
• Strong office application skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio etc.)