Proofpoint are seeking a talented and experienced Technical Instructor as our primary technical training contact for the EMEA region.
The Proofpoint Technical Training organization educates customers, partners, and Proofpoint employees globally on Proofpoint products, solutions, and best practices. We are seeking a talented and experienced Technical Instructor to deliver Proofpoint’s technical curriculum for these target audiences. The courseware covers Proofpoint’s People-Centric Email security and advanced threat protection solutions reinforced with practical, real world hands-on lab exercises. Proofpoint is expanding globally, and this candidate will be our primary technical training contact for the EMEA region. This is a great opportunity to help kick-start the global expansion for Technical Training. Must have experience working closely with internal and external customers and partners, outstanding relationship building skills, and a deep understanding of adult learning techniques and classroom management.
- Deliver classroom Instructor Led Training (ILT) and Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) on Proofpoint’s family of advanced threat protection products
- Deliver customized onsite training for key customers and partners
- Meet with Proofpoint sales teams and with our customers to understand needs and develop training plans
- Establish and nurture relationships with Proofpoint channel account managers and Partners
- Assist in the design and support of technical labs and lab environments tailored to help customers use Proofpoint products
- Work independently, but collaborate regularly with a team of curriculum developers and technical trainers
- Provide feedback and guidance to courseware developers
- Continuous learning – stay up to speed on the latest Proofpoint products and technologies
- Attend TOIs and other product training and learn Proofpoint products from pre-release stage
- Work with product development and engineering teams
- This position requires up to 50% travel
What you bring to the team
- Passion for teaching, learning, and customer enablement
- Creativity in training delivery and classroom management
- In-depth technical knowledge of secure messaging, cloud security or other cyber-security related field
- Experience with email solutions such as Exchange or expert level knowledge of SMTP
- Deep understand of networking and the most common protocols; SMTP, LDAP, HTTP, etc.
- Relevant technical training and/or courseware development experience in IT, Networking, or Telecommunications industries
- Excellent inter-personal, written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Industry and vendor certifications in the listed technologies are a plus.