Location UK / Lisburn
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary See description
Updated 4 days ago
Johnson Way is a supported living service that provides 24-hour care and support in North Lisburn.
Johnston Way is a supported living service that provides 24-hour care and support in West Belfast, housing individuals with learning disabilities, mental health requirements and/or challenging behaviour.
Due to rapid continual growth and development, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Positive Behaviour Support Assistant to join our team within the supported living service for individuals with learning disability, autism and complex behaviours.
We are looking for confident, calm and compassionate people who can provide meaningful support in times of crisis and within a challenging environment.
The Support Assistant is part of the team whose responsibility is to meet the practical, physical and emotional needs of individuals in receipt of services within the Cedar Foundation Supported Living Schemes.
Through a key worker system, he/she will also have involvement in the designing of individual programmes of support and be responsible for delivering the accommodation support and care packages.
The Support Assistant will be guided by the social inclusion officer and management team to assist individuals to take part in social activities, education and training to support them become more independent.
They will also work alongside and be guided by a team including Behaviour Support Practitioners to promote a safe environment.
Hours: Various contracts available
Location: Johnston Way, Lisburn
Salary: £17,681 per annum, pro rata from 37 hour week
The Support Assistant will be required to follow support and care plans consistently to enable people to build their independent living skills.
• Numeracy & literacy (English language) skills to help maintain records, such as service user monies, support documentation.
• Demonstrable evidence of 1 years care/support experience with experience of providing physical care / support for service users.
• Registered or willing to apply for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council.
Once offer of employment has been made, applicants must register with NISCC.
• Available to work evenings and weekends
• To undertake mandatory training including MAPA with annual refreshers and, mental health awareness training.
• Enthusiasm to take part in personal development.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Committed to ensuring the provision of quality person centred services.
• Awareness of importance of promoting social inclusion for service users
Apply online at: //cedar foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 29th September 2019 at 23:59
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER