We seek to appoint a SHEQ Advisor as a key member of our Compliance team. Reporting to the Compliance Manager you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to maintaining and improving the company’s management systems: delivering a service that focusses on continual improvement
Reporting to the Compliance Manager you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to maintaining and improving the company’s management systems: safety, quality & environment; to deliver a service that is fit for purpose; ensuring compliance with specifications, statutory obligations and best industry practices.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, in a demanding and dynamic environment across 4 business areas and make a significant contribution to the overall success of the business. Assisting in maintaining and developing the Companies Management Systems, the jobholder will assist with developing and implementing business improvements to maximise Health, Safety, Quality, Production, Profitability and Customer Satisfaction.
The jobholder must have good commercial awareness and excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish and develop business relationships whilst maintaining standards. The role requires a self-motivated individual who can work well as part of an existing team and is able to provide data driven informed advice to minimize safety, environmental and quality-related problems.
- Promotion of the IMS (Integrated Management System) which includes 3rd. party accredited systems: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001, BS EN ISO/IEC 17025, NHSS 12d, 13 & 16 and the Construction Products Regulations (CE Marking)
- Assist in the control of the documented management system.
- Assist in the measurement of data and company metrics, which includes for Suppliers Quality, Company KPI’s, Customer Feedback, Internal Audit and Inspection Data.
- Advising upon content of operational documentation.
- Development of training packages and delivery
- Creation of Quality and Environmental Management documentation.
- Conducting Internal Audits against defined standards including Quality Environmental and H&S Systems.
- Experience of developing Environmental Aspects and Impact assessments.
- Assisting with Safety, Environmental and Quality objectives’ measurement.
- Liaison with Constructionline
- Assist with Tender Input as required
- Involvement in the development and maintenance of documentation for national highway sector schemes; CE Marking; UKAS or any other regulatory bodies as may be necessary
- Assist in producing returns for landfill to NIEA, LCC or HMRC
- Control of the Non-conformance Register
- Tracking N/C s raised both operational and through Internal Audit.
- Assisting and facilitating External audits such as SGS and UKAS.
- Gathering data for Management Review. (Annually)
- Manage the areas of responsibility attached to the post and commensurate with the role in accordance with the company’s scheme of delegation and annual objectives and targets
- The post holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager/s
- The post holder will actively follow McQuillan Company policies including Equal Opportunities policies
- The post holder will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulation
Knowledge indicators and experience
- Good level of knowledge of Quality, Environmental and H&S Management Systems.
- Relevant experience of Management Systems within a contracting and waste management environment.
- A relevant professional qualification
- Experience of Quality Management within a chemical waste treatment facility would be beneficial but not essential
- IT and administration skills with proficiency in common Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent communication skills: clear, effective and authoritative in spoken communication, high standard of written English, able to state a case clearly, logically and concisely.
- A strong awareness of the needs of customers, with the ability to build rapport and maintain effective internal and external relationships and communicate at all levels within an organisation.
- Skills required enabling completion of a Gap Analysis of Management Systems
- Good Report writing skills
- A full valid driving licence
Personal Qualities / Attributes
- Pro-Active approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with demonstrated cross-functional achievements
- Willing to contribute to the overall improvement and success of the business and working practices
- A positive attitude, co-operative, willing to comply with company policies and procedures and work constructively with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
In return for your commitment you will receive an excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience, including private medical cover and a company vehicle.