Excellent opportunity for a SharePoint Solutions Developer based in Belfast and Derry/Londonderry
Title: SharePoint Solutions Developer
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Belfast and Derry/Londonderry
The Solution Developer will play a central role in leveraging the Microsoft Office 365 platform, partnering with business users; providing guidance and support in implementing SharePoint focused solutions and automation using the Office 365 collaboration tool set. The Solution Developer role will be responsible for all stages of requirements gathering, delivery, and support of solutions that meet business needs using the Office 365 Collaboration suite; including SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Flow, PowerApps, Office products, Teams, Forms and third-party tools such as Nintex.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Development and Implementation of solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, Workflows and Enterprise Search
- Support existing on-premise environments and migration efforts to Office 365 using third party tools and/or use of PowerShell
- Engage closely with business users and other SharePoint Solutions team members to turn requirements into business solutions using SharePoint Online and other Office 365 apps such as PowerApps and Flow
- Create and manage scripts and automation pipelines for software build, integration and deployment
- Develop and maintain documentation pertaining to standards, procedures and techniques for solution development, administration, change management, and problem resolution
- Create and execute test plans to ensure quality and adherence to standards
- Partner with Data Security to develop processes that ensure the collaborative tool sets and solutions meet established security, compliance and legal standards
- Exhibit an understanding of existing and emerging strategies for Microsoft Office 365 products; provide thought leadership by identifying and developing opportunities for their use and drive changes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues
- Provide support to all areas of the business and will mentor, train and foster other support tiers
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Minimum 4+ years hands-on experience in SharePoint development
- Working knowledge of Flow, PowerApps, Microsoft Graph API, SharePoint Framework (SPFx) and SharePoint PnP
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts for maintenance, management, and automation, using the SharePoint Online Management Shell
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle and iterative development methodologies such as Agile, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions
- Understanding of DevOps framework and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines using Jenkins and GitHub
- 2+ years of experience developing and implementing Office 365 based solutions
- Experience with Content Migration processes and Tools (such as Metalogix, AvePoint, Sharegate and Nintex)
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent technology subject area
- Current Microsoft Certifications
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: Friday 30th September 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.