Excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Manager, Technology & Innovation based in Belfast
Contract: Permanent Reporting to: PMO Manager, Technology & Innovation
Location: Belfast , Newforge Lane
Your new role…
Reporting to the PMO Manager, Technology & Innovation, the successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated, results-driven IT Professional with a proven track record in delivering IT projects and programmes of work to meet business needs and will have an IT background. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing a portfolio of businessfocussed IT projects within the Energia Group.
- Senior level responsibility for Project Management
- Manage a team of internal and external Project Managers
- Manage multiple high-profile business and IT project deliveries from initiation through to implementation and project closure
- Management of third-party vendors against agreed work packages
- Represent the projects/program and its objectives in governance/compliance/regulatory forums
- Assess and report status of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeping PMO manager and stakeholders informed
- Proactively identify, resolve, and escalate (as needed) projects/programme risks/issues to management and stakeholders as needed
- Proactively plan staffing requirements and make dynamic adjustments to maximize resource efficiencies and achieve project results
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the project delivers them; driving adjustments in project to more effectively achieve desired business results
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the project
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues
- Ability to lead across a wide variety of project types
- Liaising with internal customers to design functional enhancements and identify gaps • Manage and report project costs to management and stakeholders as needed
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time
Benefits and Location
The post will be offered on a permanent contract basis and will include an attractive benefits package, including a salary to reflect the skills and experience of the successful candidate. The post will be based in our offices at Newforge Lane. Full driving licence and access to transport is essential as travel to other Group sites is an inclusive part of the role.
- Extensive experience in delivery of IT programmes and projects at a senior level, with the ability to work on complex, multiple work streams or projects simultaneously
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering projects to, or supporting systems for, the Energy and Utility sectors
- Line management experience of multiple resources with the ability to coordinate and motivate team members to deliver based on agreed milestones
- Experience of preparing and submitting budget proposals, monitoring and reporting of financial information
- Experience of managing third party suppliers
- Highly computer literate with a strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications and experience of Microsoft Project
- PRINCE2/PMP certification
- Agile certification
- Experience of delivering projects in an agile or matrix environment
- Commercial Experience
- Communication – Confident and professional communicator. Tailors their message and style to engage their audience. Provides clarify in difficult communications.
- Judgement/Decision Making – Demonstrates an ability to analyse and interpret complex information making sound decisions or recommendations. Able to effectively balance risks and opportunities, coping well with uncertainly and change.
- Drive for Results – Drives tenaciously and innovatively to ensure the team deliver outstanding results. Consistently delivers on commitments responding quickly and appropriately to problems as they arise.
- Takes Ownership – Takes personal responsibility for their own/team’s performance ensuring clear delegation of responsibilities and accountabilities. Champions continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holders to meet quality standards and work deadlines. The individual must have a forward thinking approach and be able to work independently.
Please email your CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date
The closing date for applications is 23rd September 2019.
Energia Group is an equal opportunities employer.