PA are searching for Senior DevOps Engineers from strong development backgrounds to work on some of the most innovative Digital projects in Europe, guaranteed!
Senior DevOps Engineer
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we turn complexity into opportunity. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
For us DevOps is about putting the right tools and processes in place, not managing the operations of the service. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll find yourself working on exciting projects, across a variety of sectors and technology sets. The team will be looking to you to put the right things in place to facilitate the delivery of the service.
Our extensive growth plans for our Innovation Hub make this a great opportunity for Senior DevOps Engineers to contribute and be part of our growing success, as well as allowing for continuous development of their already illustrious careers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You can be expected to use your expertise in architecture. Our clients will look to you for advice and contribution in higher level architectural discussions
- You’re familiar with the development process and take ownership for certain aspects of the process by putting appropriate methods and tools in place
- You will have regular conversations with clients and be a point of contact between the client and the project team
- Coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team, and deputising for the team principal, will be important in the role
- You’ll play an active role in account management
- You’ll also have opportunities to be involved in shaping bids and creating approaches or proposals, perhaps even presenting to clients in a formal selection process
- Experienced in at least one of the main cloud technologies: AWS, Azure or GCP
- Have built and implemented CI/CD Pipelines, with experience working with repos, build automation tools, build orchestration and environment automation E.g. Jenkins, GIT, SVN, CVS, CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Code Pipeline, Azure Stack
- Experience in implementing microservices and containers E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
- Experience in implementing tools for logging, monitoring and alerting. E.g. TICK Stack, ELK Stack, Splunk, CloudWatch
- Experience in creating and automating virtual machines in the cloud deployed on compute instances
- Experience implementing other cloud infrastructure and networking required to host a digital service, including storage, firewall and network configuration
- An understanding or experience of high availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud
- Experience in deploying serverless functions e.g. AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Cloud Functions
- A good working knowledge of at least one OS including CLI experience, capable of deploying and configuring application or web servers in virtual machines. E.g. Linux, Tomcat, JBoss, Windows Server, IIS.
- You can troubleshoot environmental and configuration issues across the stack
- Application of operational process, such as, patching strategies and dependency management of environments and virtual machines
Education and Qualifications
- We value experience, attitude and aptitude over qualification, but typically we see successful candidates in the role who have an honours degree in a STEM subject.
- Competitive salary, with an annual performance-based bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave (along with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days)
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (dental, critical illness etc.)
Click here to view job description.
To apply, please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.
Closing date: 12th October 2019