Excellent opportunity for Senior Credit Risk Modelling Manager based in Belfast
Location Donegall Square West, Belfast. Remote working options are available
A Senior Manger role has arisen within Credit Risk Modelling.
Who are you?
You will be responsible for the design, building and implementation of all Credit Risk Models (Corporate Rating Models, Credit Decisioning models, Behaviour models,
ICAAP loss forecasting models to name a few) across Danske Bank UK. You will understand the underlying details of statistical models and report on the technical findings in a clear and transparent way.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with centralised modelling teams to design, build and implement Rating, PD, LGD,
- EAD and decision models for different asset classes.
- Assist in establishing standards for managing areas of model risk: Development and
- implementation, governance and documentation, and model performance.
- Maintain an up to date Model inventory along with relevant model owners.
- Monitor model performance reports on an on-going basis to ensure models remain valid.
- Consult with model users on the design of effective model operational controls.
- Perform independent reviews of various models in the Model inventory. Manage the resolution of findings with model owners and users, recommend management action plans, and track remediation progress. Responsible for remediation of all significant model risks
- Guide Credit Risk Analytics team and provide quantitative analytical support
- Take ownership of existing rating and behavioural models and ensure performance is in line with expectations
- Liaise with Model Owners and Users to provide quantitative solutions in timely manner.
- Liaise with other quantitative analysts within the Danske Group to ensure that local solutions are consistent with UK best practices and in line with UK regulatory requirement
- Act as Deputy for Head of Credit Risk in various forums and committees
- Lead testing exercises throughout the model development process to ensure that construction is appropriate, meeting UK requirements;
- Lead the User Acceptance Testing processes, providing constructive feedback and challenge as necessary before recommending formal approval to the Head of Credit Risk;
- Provide solutions to the business that enhance customer journey and improves business performance.
- Ensure opportunities for customer experience enhancements are considered in all aspects of the role.
What experience should you have?
We need you to have experience in the following:
- Existing experience in credit risk modelling, with a proven ability to build statistical models
- Experience in the use of SAS to build statistical models
- In depth knowledge of credit risk modelling
- Ideally you will have some leadership experience
- Excellent knowledge of appropriate Regulations surrounding credit (preferred IRB)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story that drives action
We’d like you to have:
- Advanced degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related fields.
- Five or more years of credit modelling experience within the financial services industry.
- Proven track record of strong technical model development, model management, and/or model oversight
- Understanding of IRB regulations and standards.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to self-motivate to achieve stretching personal and organisational goals
- Resilient and determined in achieving goals in an ever changing environment
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Tactful, determined and self-confident
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively
- Team player
Why might you want to work for us?
- We want to be the best bank in Northern Ireland for our customers, colleagues, partners and society.
- We’re ambitious – we want to perform and grow and, although we’ve been around for a long time we’re focussed on innovation.
- We’re different to other banks here – we have a European flavour but we’re proudly local & our CEO is based here.
- And of course there are other perks…
Salary and benefits
- Salary dependent on experience
- Company pension contribution (Danske Bank will contribute up to 10% )
- Car Allowance
- Life Cover & Private Health Care plan
- Perks card offering discount on everything from coffee to motoring
- 30 days’ holiday plus Paid Bank Holidays
We’d love to hear from you. If you’d like to apply, please make sure your CV includes enough detail to meet the criteria we’ve set out here.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Please make sure you submit your application by 11.59pm on Wednesday 25th September
Danske Bank is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all.