Excellent opportunity for Senior Buyer based in Belfast.
Reference 00416 Please quote this reference on all correspondence
Location Donegall Square West, Belfast.
We are pleased to be recruiting a Senior Buyer (Indirect Procurement) to join our Operations Team.
Who are you?
You will be a procurement professional with experience in complex tender negotiations.
As a strong communicator you will be able to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide managers with specialist support in relation to Procurement and act as their point of contact for existing and new contract negotiations/renewal of existing contracts.
- Negotiate with local suppliers on behalf of Danske Bank UK, delivering goods and services at optimal value/service quality.
- Manage the 3rd party contract database along with the Head of Procurement to ensure timely renewal and management of contracts and services.
- Act as the procurement point of contact to lead and manage procurement projects and tendering activities, including stakeholder management.
- Support the business in providing reports from the contract database when required.
- Analyse existing agreements across a wide range of categories, coming up with a strategy and innovative ideas on how to maximise the cost effectiveness of these agreements.
- Support local contract owners with the ongoing management of existing contracts and supplier agreements, thus ensuring services are being delivered in line with agreements in place.
- Establish a cooperative relationship with key stakeholders deputising for the Head of
- Procurement at Regional Procurement meetings.
- Build relationships with existing and new suppliers to ensure alternative solutions and improvements in current services are delivered, including driving improved costings.
- Support local managers in contract negotiation on contracts, including the collection and supply of relevant data to support proposals.
- Contribute to working groups on Regulatory changes which impact procurement and outsourcing policies and procedures.
- Establish close working relationships with the business to assist with management of the suppliers, including as appropriate supporting negotiations on service level failures.
- Establish close working relationships with the business to assist with management of
suppliers, including as appropriate supporting negotiations on service level failures.
What experience should you have?
We need you to have experience in the following:
- Minimum of 4/5 recent year experience in indirect procurement – Operational Support Services, IT/Telco, FM and Marketing
- Complex tender & negotiation experience
- B2B negotiation experience
- Experience of influencing at an Operational and Strategic Level (marketplace, external and internal etc.)
- Demonstrated evidence of delivering maximum business effectiveness through tender negotiations
- Experience in executive level communication, orally and written
- Experience of using office software packages, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of PRA & GDPR requirements for outsourced suppliers
We’d like you to have:
- Ability to communicate at all levels, with the ability to be able to affect change
- Team player, prepared to engage at all levels within the organisation
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships which work to the benefit of the business and our suppliers
- Tenacious with an ability to overcome obstacles to achieve results
- Ability to manage changing priorities and deal with ambiguity
- Can demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
- Enthusiastic and has a pro-active nature
Why might you want to work for us?
We want to be the best bank in Northern Ireland for our customers, colleagues, partners and society.
We’re ambitious – we want to perform and grow and, although we’ve been around for a long time we’re focussed on innovation.
We’re different to other banks here – we have a European flavour but we’re proudly local & our CEO is based here. And of course there are other perks…
Salary and benefits
- Salary of £35,000-£40,000Company pension contribution (Danske Bank will contribute up to 10% )
- Life Cover & Private Health Care plan
- Perks card offering discount on everything from coffee to motoring
- 30 days’ holiday plus Paid Bank Holidays
We’d love to hear from you. If you’d like to apply, please make sure your CV includes enough detail to meet the criteria we’ve set out here.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Please make sure you submit your application by 11.59pm on Wednesday 25th September
If you have a disability, which means you require assistance during any stage of the application process, please call HR Services.
Danske Bank is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all.