Excellent opportunity for a Restaurant Manager at the Doyen Belfast
Reports to: Manager
Direct Reports: All restaurant staff
To ensure the smooth running of the restaurant at all times, ensuring that caring, courteous service is provided. To be responsible for maximizing profit within the restaurant and to continually strive for improvement. To set a good example to their team by upholding a high degree of Company discipline, whilst at the same time creating a fun, team environment.
Profit and Turnover
- To assist with the management of variable costs such as wages, heat and light within the restaurant, and to ensure that restaurant equipment is properly used to avoid unnecessary repair or replacement.
- Responsible for improving and building upon food sales from previous year’s turnover through the analysis of food sales and turnover reports.
- To provide ideas, suggestions and feedback to the General Manager with regards to increasing sales and promotions in the Restaurant.
- To plan and develop function business within the premises.
- To provide information to Head Chef and General Manager on customer feedback on pricing, menu content and portioning.
- Provision of Excellent Customer Service
- To ensure a high level of customer service at all times, ensuring that the customer always comes first.
- To encourage the team to upsell by identifying selling opportunities and handling customer’s needs individually.
- To ensure that the basic food service duties are in compliance with Company standards.
- To handle, evaluate and act upon customer complaints to ensure complaints are satisfactorily dealt with.
- To maintain strict control over all stock in line with established Company procedures including purchasing, handling, portioning, wastage and administration.
- To maintain control of restaurant manhour costs by reacting to increases / decreases in trade.
- To liase on a regular basis with the Head Chef to ensure there is good teamwork between the restaurant and kitchen staff.
- To assist the General Manager with the recruitment and selection of restaurant staff.
- To create accurate restaurant rosters and agree these with the General Manager.
- To utilise staff to their full potential, which will involve liasing with other Managers in other parts of the premises.
- To lead by example, approaching work professionally with a supportive and caring attitude to staff.
Please click here to view full job description
Closing date – 27th September 2019