Excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager based in Craigavon.
This role will suit a person with the right academic qualification or suitable experience in industry and would be an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career, and welcomes responsibility and challenges.
Company Info Section:
Polypipe PLC is a manufacturer of plastic piping systems, for use in the residential, commercial and civils sectors. Locally, Polypipe has operated a production facility for over 30 years in Craigavon, operating on a 24 hours, 7 days a week basis, extruding and injection moulding plastic products.
As The Quality Manager, the successful candidate will have several key responsibilities, including:
- Developing Quality’s role in contributing to the growth & success of the company.
- Maintenance/development of Quality System in line with ISO9001 requirements and Customers requirements.
- Management/review of Internal & Externally-supplied Procedures and documentation.
- Internal Audits/Re-calibration to schedules
- Testing of products against the relevant standards.
- Collection of production figures, ensuring accuracy before forwarding reports.
- Manual gathering of raw material stock quantities for material utilisation reporting.
- Collection/analysis/reporting of Quality KPI data: eg: internal & external reject rates, material utilisation etc.
- Control of the in-line printers, ensuring equipment is operational at all times and that shop floor personnel have sufficient supplies of appropriate inks and solvents.
- On-going maintenance of supplier database, supplier approval status and surveillance of received quality of product.
- Quality interface between the business & customers, suppliers & regulatory bodies including visits to customer’s building sites to see issues first hand.
- Responding to customer complaints and issuing non conformance reports and findings to all concerned.
- Identification of Quality-related training for Shop-floor staff.
- All other aspects of Quality Control.
Candidates should have experience of:
- Auditing to IS09001 Quality Standards
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Analytical approach to solving issues
- Methodical management of paperwork including filing (electronic & paper)
- High standard of basic IT familiarity: spreadsheets/word/e-mails
- Focused approach with good reporting skills
- Willingness to learn
- Hands-on, smaller company/workshop experience
An appropriate 3rd level qualification in a science or engineering based discipline or suitable experience in a similar role would be desirable.
Polypipe offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and a sharesave option in line with a publicly listed company. Moreover they offer an exceptional opportunity to develop a career with a thriving local business.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.
Polypipe operates an equal opportunities policy