Excellent opportunity for a Quality Inspector based in Greyabbey.
Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 38 hours per week.
- Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Free parking
- Assessment of product conformance through the use of manual inspection equipment. This includes but may not be limited to micrometres, verniers, Go/No-Go gauges and ultrasonic testers.
- Visual examination of product to ensure that it conforms to customers’ surface finish requirements and machining standards.
- Use of CMM measurement equipment in accordance with the relevant CMM set-up sheets.
- Raising Non-Conformance Reports that succinctly and accurately describe the location and nature of non-conformances and, where possible, suggest any likely root-causes of the defect.
- Raising Rework Sheets to clearly identify any rework requirements and verify that the rework has been performed to a satisfactory standard.
- Calibration of inspection equipment and updating of the calibration register.
- Participation in problem solving teams such as 8D/A3 to improve quality levels and reduce scrap and rework.
- Supporting the Chief Inspection and Quality Manager through regular feedback on quality issues.
- Adherence to all company Quality policies and procedures at all times.
- Adherence to all company Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably expected by the Chief Inspector.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Use of inspection equipment in an accurate and repeatable fashion.
- Explaining quality issues accurately and succinctly both orally and in writing.
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Good practical co-ordination skills.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Act with integrity at all time to ensure that product quality or the company’s reputation is not compromised.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team.
To apply for this role, please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website.