As a Product Owner you will partner with a Delivery Lead in an agile team to ensure the successful delivery of software products in line with the strategic vision of your business unit.
As a Product Owner you will support a Delivery Lead in an agile team to ensure the successful delivery of software products in line with the strategic vision of your business unit. You will be challenged. As the owner of a product or products, you will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. We will offer you a competitive salary, enable you to balance your work and life, and support you through mentoring, coaching and training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver business value to our customers through successful product delivery in line with the business unit strategic vision and objectives.
- Working with multiple stakeholders, contribute to the development and evolution of the product roadmap that the team will be responsible for delivering.
- Have a strong understanding of the business unit strategic vision and communicate this with perspective customers.
- Collaborate with customers to discover their business problems and identify product solutions to meet these needs.
- Work to the agile principles of openness, transparency and communication to continuously develop and nurture strong working partnerships with business stakeholders and encourage the team to become closer to the Customer / Stakeholders
- Implement usability and feedback metrics to validate the successful delivery of business value to the customer. Evaluate, communicate and adjust the metrics as required.
- Maintain a user story backlog to enable the delivery team to create MVP solutions to add customer value incrementally and quickly. Communicate and detail user stories through backlog refinement sessions with the team.
- Collaborate with the team on the design and technical approach to the delivery of a prioritized backlog.
- Support the team to remove roadblocks that prevent team delivery of business value.
- Validate the product solution through exploratory testing on user stories and post implementation validation via user feedback. Demonstrate through validation how the value and vision of the solution are met.
- Coach, mentor and provide feedback to the team.
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives across all aspects of the product through embracing lessons learned session and an agile mindset.
- Continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
- Actively seek opportunities for you and your team to collaborate with and learn from other employees in our organization through internal networks, events and communities of practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it, and has experience of positively leading and mentoring others.
- Be proactive about identifying new opportunities for the business unit and go beyond simply documenting the wishes of others.
- Embrace change and actively seek feedback with a view to enhancing the business value delivered by a product.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation, and encourage your team to do the same. Someone who doesn’t just dream it but gets it done.
- Share their own experiences and expertise using the right method of communication and the right level for the audience.
- Be interested in technology and actively look for ways to increase their technical knowledge.
- A third level degree in Technical or Business related field.
- A minimum of two years’ technical experience on complex / challenging technical projects
- A minimum of two years’ experience in managing customer relationships with a proven track record of successful solution delivery.
- Knowledge and application of multiple requirement elicitation techniques and tools
Coompetitive salary and benefits offered.