We are currently searching for a Procurement Administrator to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to develop their career in one of the fastest growing food manufacturers in the UK. This position is responsible for operational procurement
Finnebrogue looks at what’s wrong with food to figure out how to make it the best it can be, without being bound by the way it has always been done. Having earned a reputation as the country’s leading top-tier sausage maker, we launched revolutionary bacon and ham made without nitrites, opened a state of the art vegetarian factory and always place innovation at the heart of what we do.
We are currently searching for a Procurement Administrator to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to develop their career in one of the fastest growing food manufacturers in the UK.
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised canteen
- Retail Discount Cards
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Discounted Staff Sales
- Length of Service Additional Holiday Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Death in Service
This position is responsible for operational procurement activities including securing availability of raw materials, packaging and ingredients for production and new product development.
- Minimum two years related experience in purchasing, preferably within a production environment.
- 5 GCSE’s at C grade or above.
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills and a solid working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- High attention to detail and strong follow-up skills are necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally with various internal departments, stakeholders and supplier partners are key requirements.
- Must have capability to effectively manage information and to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to effectively purchase unique materials.
- highly motivated with an organised approach to manage and organise work load to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills
- Very minimal travel may be necessary to various Supplier locations and for meetings or other job related functions.
- Approximately; 85% of work is performed in an office environment. 15% of work may involve being in the manufacturing/plant floor environment.
- Procuring new ingredients and packaging in line with company policy and procedure
- The buyer will update product availability plans in collaboration with internal and external suppliers and provide updates on expected supply and scope out alternative options.
- The buyer will also manage supplier performance and perform quarterly reviews to review KPI’s in conjunction with procurement manager.
- A main part of the role will be to work interdepartmentally to identify and implement continuous improvement projects and cost down initiatives.
- Assisting engineering department procure engineering parts and consumables
- Regular market review and price tracking of key commodities
- Cost saving/mitigation project
- To drive continuous improvement and to promote a culture of innovation, also seeking out cost down opportunities and help lead in the implementation.
- Support the Procurement Manager on second sourcing projects to mitigate risk.
We are an equal opportunities employer.