Are you the type of person who thrives in a fast paced corporate environment, who enjoys working with colleagues across the world? If this sounds like you then we have the opportunity for you.
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Role Close Date: 8th October 2019
The Pitch & Pursuits Manager will lead the proposal process for bids/pitches and panel proposals on key client and high value opportunities. To deliver pitch and proposals best practice, coach lawyers and BDMC colleagues, manage projects and own the pitch and pursuits process.
- Lead the proposal process for bids/pitches and panel proposals for high value and key client opportunities
- Provide coaching/training for partners, lawyers and BD/Marketing professionals around all aspects of pitch best practice
- Conduct tender debrief meetings feeding back key points to the business to facilitate further learning and development
- Develop best practices; develop and deliver training to regional and global teams including practice groups, BD teams, partner/PBS meetings
- Work with partners to rigorously assess proposal opportunities, help partners to decline opportunities that are not in line with the firm strategy, and assemble teams and resources to respond quickly and effectively to those opportunities we do pursue
- Proactively develop and manage key messages/content and marshal resources to ensure that proposals of superior quality are delivered on time
Skills and Requirements:
- Organisation, project management, and ability to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills to work/lead in remote teams of partners, lawyers and BD/marketing professionals
- Persuasive and diplomatic skills and ability to deal autonomously with highly intelligent and demanding internal clients at all levels
- Client service focus, flexibility, can-do attitude; motivated and enthusiastic; personal drive and energy
- Strong experience in BD/communications in professional services, with significant hands on experience in proposal development