As a temporary part-time Lecturer in Essential Skill ICT, you will provide quality teaching and learning opportunities within the curriculum area in order to maximise the potential of every student and achieve agreed performance indicators.
Main duties and responsibilities
Teaching and Learning Management and Delivery
- Teaching a range of subjects in the curriculum area.
- Preparing and implementing schemes of work for relevant teaching programmes.
- Preparing student assessment schedules and profiles.
- Working as a leader or member of appropriate course teams
- Designing and preparing course submissions for validation purposes.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for self, students and colleagues and carrying out risk assessments as required
- Marketing courses and services offered within the school studies programme including designing publicity materials in collaboration with the Marketing Unit.
- Maintain a knowledge base relevant to the post through appropriate staff development.
- Recruiting students to the school studies programme in the College.
- Following agreed financial procedures.
- Liaison with employers, Higher Educational establishments and professional associations.
- Contributing as part of a team to careers seminars, student industrial placements, and educational visits.
- Completing administrative duties relating to the post including, eg internal verification of student progress, marking of registers.
- Promote and support equal opportunities throughout the College
To supply information, as requested, by Senior Management within the responsibilities and remit of the post
To be an ambassador for the Northern Regional College by representing the College on local/national committees