Excellent opportunity for a Network Voice Engineer (Weekday Shift) based in Belfast
Title: Network Voice Engineer (Weekday Shift)
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
The Network Engineer (NE) Sr. Consultant manages and plans efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing network hardware and software technology components. The NE Technician utilizes proven systems, scripting, and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. The role also creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
The Network Engineer – Sr. Consultant is specifically knowledgeable in enterprise Voice technologies including SIP, H.323 and telephony infrastructure. S/he will also have a basic understanding of the interaction between Voice and other technologies including Network, Windows, UNIX, Storage, SQL, Oracle, Citrix, and VMWare. The Network Engineer – Sr. Consultant understands Voice & Networking standards and can apply them in support of business needs within the Allstate environment.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Support the Avaya enterprise-class telephony solutions, including Sip, PBX, Session managers, and SBC’s.
- Work with global Voice team on providing level 3 escalation for troubleshooting high Severity incidents, and Support on-call rotations for operational duties that have not been addressed with automation
- Support healthy software development practices, including complying with the chosen software development methodology
- Provide technical leadership to a growing team focused on applying software engineering practices to operations at scale
- Drives a continuous improvement mindset with the team, embracing a DevOps culture and constantly finding ways to make our systems more reliable.
- Write tools and leverage open source solutions to automate tasks with an emphasis on scalability and reliability
- Create automation that remediates areas of concern within the system we support
- Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Center.
- Provide detailed feedback to the technical leaders for the department focusing on strategy, service integration, monitoring, documentation, and Automation opportunities.
- Participate with technical leaders to provide feedback to engineering in the form of regular meetings, problem records documenting areas of improvements, and presenting back to engineering opportunities to improve availability and performance.
- Develop and mentor other team members on standard methodology with Infrastructure orchestration and troubleshooting application services in production
- Monitor key performance indicators to ensure risks are being managed and to help avoid future impact using Data analytics and AIOP’s
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise systems and or automation
- Experience troubleshooting, installing, managing, and supporting Acme Packet/Oracle SBC’s, IP-PBXs (VoIP/SIP), legacy PBX systems (TDM), call management systems, various voicemail systems, IP/SIP soft-phones, IP Phones, automatic call distribution (ACD) (Call Center) and interactive voice response (IVR) systems.
- Knowledge of SIP, H.323, VoIP, Avaya infrastructure including ASM, AES, ASA, One-X, and Verint.
- Experience with programming languages, (Power shell, Python, or Groovy)
- Experience with IT infrastructure DevOps tools such as, JSON, VXML, GitHub, Ansible, & Jenkins
- Experience building and sustaining interconnected production services with APIs
- Knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, QOS, SNMP, Rest API, STP, HSRP, switching technologies, VLANs, Firewalls, Ethernet)
- Technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers & Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, ACI, IPSEC
- BS in Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field involving coding or equivalent experience
- Experience building, deploying, and operating distributed services and monitoring for production networks
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
Responsible for the following technology, (Skill scale 1-5, 5 being expert)
- Avaya- 4
- Automation – 4
- Cisco routing, switching, and Wireless – 3
- Palo Alto Firewalls – 3
- Squid Proxy – 2
- Red Hat – 2
- F5 Global and local traffic management – 2
- Infoblox DDI – 2
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently in a global team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure.
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
Hours of work
- Tuesday – Friday 8AM – 6PM
- Flexibility to meet business needs as required;
- Full time only.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: Friday 20th September
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.