Excellent opportunity for a Mentor College Connect Pogramme based in Derry / Londonderry.
POST REF: 02011/19
POST TITLE: Mentor College Connect Pogramme
DURATION: Until August 2020
LOCATION: Strand Road Campus
As an employer our culture is based on four key values: Collaboration, Innovation, Respect, and Integrity, these values shape individual behaviour and the way we behave as a College.
Our staff are entitled to some of the best employee benefits and support an employer could give making it a prime choice to further your career. See below some of the benefits we offer employees:
- Salary – Band 4 – £18,870 – £23,111 per annum
- 21 days annual leave per annum
- NILGOSC Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Tax Free Childcare Scheme
- State of the Art Gym
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Insurance Discount
- NWRC Course Discount
- Health and Wellbeing Programme (Includes: Personal Training, Yoga, Running Groups, Crafts and much more)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- a level 5 qualification in any discipline;
- two years relevant* employment experience;
- GCSE English (Grade A*-C) or Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Communication and GCSE Maths (Grade A*-C) or Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules, or any qualifications which are deemed to be equivalent;
- a current driving licence and access to a car (applicants with a disability who have been prevented from obtaining a driving licence due to their disability (as defined by the DDA 1995) are eligible to apply.
*relevant defined as experience working with young people 16-24 in an educational or youth setting.
*relevant defined as experience motivating and engaging young people with a range of challenges e.g. health, emotional, social or learning.
If as a direct result of a disability, you can not fully meet the essential experience requirement of the criteria for this post the College will waive this requirement.
- Applicants should note that the above criteria are the minimum requirements only and may be enhanced at the discretion of the short-listing panel.
- There is a possibility that a reserve list will be retained if more applicants are deemed suitable than posts exist. In the event the successful candidate fails to take up the post or if the post is vacated within 6 months of the appointment date, or if another vacancy arises within 6 months the post may be offered to the next person on the reserve list. This excludes posts where panel lists will be created and maintained for a specified period.
- The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Under the provision of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (NI) Order 2007 this post is deemed to be a regulated position.
- The College is committed to equal opportunities and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society in particular applicants from the Protestant Community.
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing date is 27th September 2019.