Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for various planned maintenance tasks automation improvement projects on pipe extrusion and ancillary machinery, and will work as part of the Radius
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with maintenance manager/supervisor to determine day to day planned maintenance, project and production priorities.
- Lead and drive automation/improvement projects on site, with new and old equipment
- Maintain and evolve workmate schedules for work and PPM’s within target times and without rework following all published procedures and policies
- Using RCA to combat common faults and improve reliability and reduce downtime
- Install new machinery and equipment accurately and efficiently, within required timescales and overseeing contractors
- Required to document and disseminate knowledge and experience to other Service personnel
- Ensures tool kit meets ‘minimum requirements’ and personal and Company supplied tooling is maintained to the appropriate standards
- Comply with Company and Government legislation regarding Health & Safety
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Writing and amending the PPM sheets to be up-to-date, functional and workable
- Keep up-to-date maintenance records of all daily activities using current MMS system
- This role incorporates night shift cover for absence/holidays
- Project management and liaising with contractors to meet targets
- Be able to adapt to a fluid fast moving environment where new duties may change and have to be adapted to suit business needs
- Deputise for supervisor when off site
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will have excellent Automation and electrical skills, great problem-solving skills and organizational ability, a high level of attention to detail, an ability to multitask, be highly resourceful and have good people skills. They will be self-motivated and thrive working on their own initiative, as well as being comfortable following standard procedures and practices.
- Time served apprenticeship (4 years) in electrical, Mechatronic or electrical maintenance discipline. With 5 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Knowledge of DC drives and controls
- Have practical Knowledge of automated control systems
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a very high level of attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks, while following standardized procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and perform duties within specified deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative under minimal supervision as part of a small team
- Strong analytical, oral/written communication, customer service and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to co-operate and deal tactfully and diplomatically with a variety of people, both internal and external
- Updating, maintaining records and generating reports.
- Good safety awareness essential with willingness to receive training in legislation as required.
- Computer literate with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
- Be competent in taking the lead in all tasks
Experience of working within the plastic manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated ability to write and understand basic automation programs
- Multi skilled in both electrical, mechatronic and mechanical systems.