We are looking for an individual capable of working flexibly to meet the changing demands of a busy test facility. The role is focused towards test equipment preparation and conducting tests. The job is a 'hands on’ role requiring the completion of multiple manual activities
Job Purpose: Ultimately, our role is to provide customers with a range of testing to demonstrate compliance with international performance standards supporting safety or reliability of their products. The job offers the opportunity to work in our Mechanical and environmental test facilities including vibration, shock testing, environmental testing, and fire testing of components for the aerospace industry.
The application of Common Sense is an essential requirement in the
performance of this role.
We recognise the unique position the role that an engineer presents within a business, with constantly changing and evolving technical solutions to meet customer requirements. Training and support will be provided. With the correct training you can help develop and grow our business. It’s not complicated and it is varied.
The role will also involve working with, and in compliance, with the requirements of our Quality System.
You will need to have good ‘attention to detail’ and be capable of maintaining a disciplined and consistent approach to all testing activities within the laboratory, a good communicator and team player.
Note: Applicants must have all appropriate permits and visas to work in the European Union.
The successful candidate will be asked to complete an AccessNI check, medical and drug testing.
- Evaluation of customer requirements, and efficient cost-effective presentation of solutions to meet their requirements. Identifying and delivering on new technologies to be employed within the test facility.
- Design of relevant test fixtures and instrumentation to aid set-ups ready to conduct test.
- Use of CAD Tools for capture of Test Equipment Design
- Proven experience in the design and development of SW applications using Labview or equivalent to support testing.
- Specify and install instrumentation to test items.
- Analyse and present data and populate standard report information
- Maintain testing equipment and keep testing space organized, clean, and safe
- Support and communicate with the team efficiently.
- Read and learn test standards and procedures to ensure correct application of test methodology. Follow and document appropriate test procedures
- Ensuring safe working practices and following safety guidelines and procedures, observe all safety operating procedures and ensure the use or correct PPE
- Learn and adhere to internal quality policy, working with quality in mind and reporting any deviations through the Quality process
- Relevant technical or engineering qualification and/or experience
- Good level of written and numerical / data handling skills
- Willingness to undergo any further training to meet the needs of the company.
- Extensive experience and skill in mechanical design
- Ability to carry out 2D and 3D Drawings and provide assembly instructions
- Ability to operate within the team in a safe and efficient manner
- Able to learn new information and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in understanding the design process and following from concept design to detailed drawing
- Experience of design for manufacture processes and ability to liaise with fabrication to ensure design is optimised for structural integrity
- Ability to both provide and follow oral or written instructions and interpret technical instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously to drive towards business targets
- Extensive Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint) Able to work flexibly as required to ensure business needs are met
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline and 3 -5 years’ experience or a HND in Engineering and 5-10 years’ experience Experience or knowledge of working in a fabrication environment.
- Setting up and maintaining data acquisition systems
- Experience in dealing with documentation
- Familiarity with the software tools and programming experience
- Clean driving licence and use of own car.
Salary is in-line with experience.