Excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Engineer based in Dungannon.
Contract: Permanent 38 Hours
Reporting to: Engineering Director
Pay Band: £35K based in experience
Maximus Crushing & Screening are an independent, global manufacturer and distributor of mobile crushing & screening equipment. We manufacture and supply a wide range of mobile crushers and screeners for use in a wide range of applications; mining and quarrying, earthmoving, civil contractors, recycling and material handling industries. Our crushers and screeners are exported throughout the world.
You will be responsible for the development and improvement of existing manufacturing systems and coordinate between design engineering and production to ensure efficient and cost effective production methods are implemented and all parts are manufactured on time.
Key responsibilities will include:
- As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for
- Plan, coordinate and implement the most cost effective and efficient manufacturing methods for production of all major sub-assembly components and final assembly of machines.
- Implement best practice on shop floor to include standardised build instruction i.e. standard operating sheets.
- Coordinate with design engineering, production and quality control to help identify any issues affecting production and establish what fixes are required.
- Design of jigs and fixtures for major machine fabrications.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles into the production line to help drive lead time improvements working with Production Leads and shop floor teams.
- Assist with new product introduction to ensure smooth transition between design R&D and full manufacture
- Demonstrated engineering expertise, and ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Solid analytical skills and judgment to proactively identify and solve increasingly complex problems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team and to lead the team when required.
- Proficient in 3D modelling CAD, either Creo or Solidworks, Microsoft Office and database management tools
Qualification and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related manufacturing engineering discipline required.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing, material management and heavy engineering.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a creative approach for generating new ideas.
- An excellent grasp of lean manufacturing and its core principles.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Closing date for this role is Friday 13th September.