Responsibility for driving continuous improvement in all areas of the business using lean, quality and costing tools and techniques.
Key duties and responsibilities.
- Document and develop manufacturing processes and procedures to support best practices across our product range.
- Drive Continuous Improvement activities throughout the value chain (including the supply chain) using appropriate Lean Manufacturing and Quality tools.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team (i.e. heavy involvement with all facets of the business – Purchasing, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Sales etc.)
- Active Member of the ISO 9001 team, including development of internal manufacturing and quality procedures as required.
- Strong ability to drive value-added i.e. areas of cost savings, labour efficiencies etc.
- Self-motivator with high energy
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication + presentation skills – lead review meetings/ liaise with Senior Management/ work with Suppliers
The above job description is not exhaustive and is not intended to give a definite list of all duties and responsibilities. It is a guideline within which the individual job holder works. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible. There will be additional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job role.
Essential criteria, experience and Skills.
- 3rd level qualification, in engineering or related discipline, with an eye for numerical detail and accuracy is essential
- 2 years minimum experience of working within the Material Handling sector
- Extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continual Improvement techniques, including proven track record of implementation of change within a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills, and ability to lead a cross functional team for driving improvements.
- Excellent computer skills are required; in particular Microsoft Excel and ERP systems, and knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks) will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong technical background, and ability to work in an ever-changing and dynamic manufacturing environment