Location UK / Antrim
Job Type Permanent full-time
Updated 7 days ago
We are recruiting on behalf of our client Sydney B Scott & Sons, a well-established fruit and vegetable wholesaler, with over 60 years’ experience supplying both the catering and retail food industries.
Sydney B Scott & Sons are a well-established fruit and vegetable wholesaler, with over 60 years’ experience supplying both the catering and retail food industries.
Their stellar reputation across the province has provided them the opportunity for growth and subsequently the need to recruit a Management Accountant, to lead and manage the Finance function within the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant with industry experience to manage
change within a growing business. The role is broad in scope and includes but is not limited to the following:
– Producing monthly management accounts to include P&L, balance sheet, backup analysis and KPI’s
– Weekly KPI reports
– Manage working capital
– Management of supplier payments
– Monthly stock valuations
– Bank reconciliations
– Intercompany reconciliations
– Manage credit control function
– Maintenance of fixed asset register
– Dealing with banks, insurance brokers
– Development of budgets and variance analysis
– Development of IT system
– Performing other duties as assigned
Our Ideal candidate
– A thinker with sound commercial knowledge, the ability to ask the right questions and challenge the norm;
– Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence & challenge;
– Motivated self-starter who exhibits outstanding judgement and professionalism and thrives in a fast-paced environment;
– The ability and desire to drive continuous improvement.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or third level equivalent qualification in relevant subject
– Qualified through a recognised financial institution e.g. ACA, ACCA, CAI, CIMA
– Minimum of 3 years accounting experience
– Must have excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to work independently under time constraints, while managing the wider Finance Team
– Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and consider alternative approaches
– Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
– Previous experience of Payroll & Pensions would be desirable.