Excellent opportunity for a Fire and Security Maintenance, Service /Installation Engineer.
The role will involve installation, servicing, maintenance and fault-finding works on Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Access control and Fire Alarm systems.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To install, service and maintain all fire detection, access control, door entry, intruder alarm and CCTV systems to the required standards and regulations. While working safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, and the loss of unused materials.
- To provide 24 hour call-out cover on a rota basis with other engineers.
- On occasion, to conduct site surveys in conjunction with a service co-ordinator; giving due consideration to all applicable security and fire risk factors.
- To carry out any other job specific duties as deemed appropriate by the management team.
- To adhere to statutory regulations at all times and provide excellent Customer service to exceed the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customers, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers.
- To ensure adherence to all Company policies – including those for quality, health & safety and the management of false alarms
- Ensure legible and timely completion of all paperwork as required by correctly completing Engineer work reports, handover certificates/BSIA Certificates or checklist as appropriate.
- Work closely with the planning team, ensuring your time is managed efficiently and jobs are prioritised correctly. Discuss and recommend suggestions for system/service improvement with management
- Participate in the company training and development as requested and communicate to management any personal training and development needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Conversant with good maintenance practice to the relevant security standards
- Knowledge of Bespoke security systems
- experience working with a NSI Approved Company in a similar role preferable but not essential
- experience in Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Fire and Access Control systems would be an advantage but not essential but must have a willingness to learn
- Full driving licence with less than 5 points
- An active CSR Health & Safety Card / Working at heights (an advantage but not compulsory)
- A technical understanding of the Fire, access, intruder and CCTV system
- Must pass BS7858: 2012 DBS security screening process within 6 months
- Must pass PSNI check for employment as a security system operative prior to employment.
- A keen eye for detail when completing accurate maintenance records with clear and concise report writing.
- Able to operate all required test equipment
- To have good customer facing skills
- A working knowledge and usage of handheld PDA system (CASH) would be an advantage
- Understanding of the following standards,
– BS5839: 2017
– BS6266 where required
– To operate business procedures within the framework of BS EN ISO 9001:2008/2015
- Display a ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good communication and customer relation skills
- Ability to provide documentation to a high standard
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver good Competencies and Core behaviours including those of Honesty, Integrity, Flexibility, Teamwork and Enthusiasm
- Attention to detail and ability to apply analytical thinking in problem solving Qualified to City and Guilds level and/or qualified by relevant technical experience/ apprenticeship
- The role will require a customer focused attitude and a flexible approach to travel, out of hours working and call-out support
- The role will require a customer focused attitude and a flexible approach to travel, due to having contracts on the mainland (London & Scotland)