Job Title: Leakage Operator (fixed term - up to 15 months)
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Full-Time
Closing Date: 10am, Monday 30th September 2019
- Form an integral element of the Leakage Services Team reporting to a Field Manager.
- Use leak detection skills to investigate and resolve high DMA night flows.
- Undertake leakage detection and location activity using acoustic sounding and correlation techniques.
- Undertake non-complex step test activity including the design, planning and valve operations to quantify and localise
- areas of demand and/or leakage.
- Undertake pressure zero activity including the design, planning and valve operations to prove DMA integrity.
- Undertake DMA boundary valve checks and contribute to the effective management/maintenance of DMAs.
- Undertake pressure logging operations including setup, installation, retrieval and download.
- Undertake flow logging operations including set up, installation, retrieval and download.
- Undertake noise logging activities.
- Identify potential and confirm actual night usage by customers.
- Receive work on Toughbook from Mobile Work Management and liaise with MWM Work Controllers to ensure effective use of own resource.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, EMS and quality requirements.
- Undertake Leakage Operative duties in other Field Manager areas as per business requirements.
- Participate in night as well as day working duties as required by the role and the need to achieve business objectives.
- Undertake non-complex customer leakage investigation and determine the appropriate follow-on action required.
- Liaison with customers in relation to both non-complex leakage and pressure activities.
- Inform customers of actions required.
- Collect all relevant customer information to allow the leakage notice or other relevant procedure to progress.
- Uniformly follow, maintain and improve key processes through plan/do/review activities.
- Address issues from the plan/do/review process to enhance functional compliance and performance.
- Assist in business improvement across all areas of responsibility, particularly those that affect delivery of KPI’s.
- Assist with the adjustment of functional rules to meet operational needs (in line with area and field manager targets).
For further information about the role, please see job description.
Northern Ireland Water is an equal opportunities employer.
CV’s will not be accepted.