Excellent opportunity for a Laboratory Manager based in Belfast
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for the right person to help set up and manage a successful and efficient testing facility and to drive the accreditation process.
The post will be based at our head office in Duncrue Street, Belfast where onsite parking is available. The successful candidate will be expected to travel to other sites and to current and prospective customers.
- Oversee the set up of the new laboratory
- Identify any new equipment required and oversee installation
- Compile, review and maintain up to date operating procedures and keep informed of latest developments in standards and technology
- Be the driver in achieving and maintaining UKAS accreditation
- Assist in the recruitment of additional laboratory staff
- Train new laboratory staff in all aspects of the role and lab procedures
- Manage all laboratory operations and ensure tests are completed within a reasonable deadline
- Identify the current market requirements and develop new tests and procedures
- Analyse test results in conjunction with other staff
- Manage workflows, display a high level of time management and the ability to prioritise testing from internal and external sources.
- Maintain all laboratory equipment and arrange all required inspection, servicing and calibration
- Be responsible for overseeing the efficient use of all staff and operational resources
- Take responsibility for stock levels of all consumables
- Provide KPI’s on business turnover, overheads and workflow as required by management
- Ensure staff comply with all regulations including PPE requirements
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping
- Degree in Chemistry
- Experience working within a laboratory environment
- Practical knowledge of ISO 17025
- Ability to write SOP’s and protocols
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Clean driving licence
- Experience in compiling reports and KPI’s
- Experience in laboratory and staff management
Salary: £35k – £40k DOE
Applicants who responded to the last vacancy posted for Laboratory Manager and who meet the above criteria are invited to reapply.
Please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV